Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F1 Transmission Control Unit

JC test drive was a pre revised 2003 model.
    Peter
    06 Gransport LE - Nero Carbonio & Black
    05 4200 CC face lift - Gerigio Alfieri & Tan - Sold; Now lives in France
    03 4200 CC revised - Sebring Blue & Gray - Sold; Now regularly used as a TV car.

The tcu I sold had the double blip and the sport mode didn’t turn off when engine switched off
    Porsche Cayman 3.4s
    Maserati 4200 cc 2002( sold)
    I feel the need for speed......

SportsMaserati.com Moderator midlifecrisis's Avatar
    In amongst the Surrey Hills and dodging MAMiLs
    Mine is a 2003 4200 (pre-facelift, aka Classico) and at Le Mans a couple of years ago, we (a cross section of Maserati owners, all forum members) jumped in each others car and the blip on change down was noticed by its absence. I jumped into a GS (an MCV) and I then understood what I've been missing.
    It seems that Maserati turned down the gear change following criticism in the press, only to dial it back in for the launch of the GS.
    Martin
    Currently owning Maserati 4200 CC 4th July 2003 Kawasaki ZXR750 L1 1993 In bits. SEAT Leon FR Daily Lease

Past Well Pedalled Rocketships:Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4TP 2012, VW Polo 16V 1997
    Previous Sheds: Rover 214 SLi 1995, BMW 318i 1986, Vauxhall Astra 1984. Seat Ibiza SE TDI PD 22 June 2003
    Previous Motorbikes: Kawasaki ZX6R J2 2001 Honda CRF 230 2008 Kawasaki ZX9R C2 1998,Kawasaki ZX6R F2 1995, Suzuki GSX550ESD 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
    Mine is a 2003 4200 (pre-facelift, aka Classico) and at Le Mans a couple of years ago, we (a cross section of Maserati owners, all forum members) jumped in each others car and the blip on change down was noticed by its absence. I jumped into a GS (an MCV) and I then understood what I've been missing.
    It seems that Maserati turned down the gear change following criticism in the press, only to dial it back in for the launch of the GS.
    You should have bought Mav's TCU!
    Mike

02 "Classico" 4200 CC Coupe
    74 Triumph Stag
    17 BMW M140i
    15 Volvo V40 D4 R-Design

Past Italians: FIAT Panda, Lancia Y10 Fire, Lancia Y10 Turbo, Alfa Romeo 33S 16V Cloverleaf Permanent 4, Alfa Romeo 146 Ti

anyone familiar with this company for TCU remapping?

https://www.jfautomotive.co.uk/servi...2%20V8%20400hp
    Maserati Quattroporte 4.2 Seq
    Honda Civic Type S GT
    A Van

www.dent-alert.co.uk
    We Paint you Drive

SportsMaserati.com Moderator midlifecrisis's Avatar
    In amongst the Surrey Hills and dodging MAMiLs
    Quote Originally Posted by mjheathcote View Post
    You should have bought Mav's TCU!
    Yeah, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterminiracer View Post
    anyone familiar with this company for TCU remapping?

https://www.jfautomotive.co.uk/servi...2%20V8%20400hp
    They look interesting, but how much?
    Martin
    Currently owning Maserati 4200 CC 4th July 2003 Kawasaki ZXR750 L1 1993 In bits. SEAT Leon FR Daily Lease

Past Well Pedalled Rocketships:Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4TP 2012, VW Polo 16V 1997
    Previous Sheds: Rover 214 SLi 1995, BMW 318i 1986, Vauxhall Astra 1984. Seat Ibiza SE TDI PD 22 June 2003
    Previous Motorbikes: Kawasaki ZX6R J2 2001 Honda CRF 230 2008 Kawasaki ZX9R C2 1998,Kawasaki ZX6R F2 1995, Suzuki GSX550ESD 1986.

Got quoted £695 for a stage 1 ECU remap including a TCU adaptation upgrade, which theyvsaid would put the gearbox into learning mode to tailor it to driving style. (I’m not sure what that would impact)? Also includes 3 sessions on rolling road to tune in settings. They explained that it’s a 1 day job with update via EODB port.

Also the remap would smooth out engine at mid range. I can’t recall what bhp performance gains are achieved..
    Honda Civic Type S GT
    A Van

www.dent-alert.co.uk
    We Paint you Drive

When I get the QP serviced, Emblem say they "wipe" the gear box and it starts learning again based on driving style. This appears to be standard functionality in the ZF autobox. I tried to google for some documentation on what the ZF box was actually doing to get a better understanding but drew a blank. It also learns on the hoof as I certainly noticed a change in character while my driving style was somewhat "modified" when driving in Spain last September

Somewhere there's a list of Gearbox ECUs and software versions floating about. Interestingly all the 4.2 QPs seem to have the same gearbox firmware as far as I can recall, (even the Sports GT). I wondered whether these things are interchangeable with the GT Sport Auto firmware. I can't find anyone who written about mixing and matching these things..

Eb
    Eb
    Yeah i've got a Maserati, life's good. Black QPV Automatica

I don't think the learning is contained in the box itself. I've got a stack of tech manuals (well at least one good one) on that box. AFAIK the learning is in the TCU. I *suspect* you'd need to do a proxy thing to get the GT sport TCU working, but maybe Voicey would be up for giving it a try.

Re-reading the manual this appears to be all incorrect

C
    The Catman formerly known as an Alfisti.
    '07 Maserati GT (Grigio Palladio), 147 TS

I’ve managed to obtain a sport GT TCU off a QPV 2005.. my original has lost the function of allowing the transmission to disengage the clutch even tho it shows neutral thus burning the clutch somehow.. but anyway I wouldn’t mind learning more about what’s software versions run on which TCU/ECU from the GS and QP also if they are interchangeable ..
    Honda Civic Type S GT
    A Van

www.dent-alert.co.uk
    We Paint you Drive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast