F1 Transmission Control Unit

CatmanV2

I’ve managed to obtain a sport GT TCU off a QPV 2005.. my original has lost the function of allowing the transmission to disengage the clutch even tho it shows neutral thus burning the clutch somehow.. but anyway I wouldn’t mind learning more about what’s software versions run on which TCU/ECU from the GS and QP also if they are interchangeable ..

PM me your email, I'll send you the Maserati academy doc:

but

MASERATI M139 Duoselect, EUROPE version
HW CFC 231 (SOFAST II) up to assembly 18821
HW CFC 301 (SOFAST III) from assembly 18822
HW CFC 301 (SOFAST III+) from assembly 21925

It doesn't look like you can drop in a CFC301:

SOFAST III transmission control system (CFC301): the introduction of Sofast III involves a new control unit and the introduction of a longitudinal acceleration sensor
and a clutch pressure sensor. The longitudinal acceleration information allows a gearchange and clutch management influenced by the vehicle dynamics. The clutch pressure information allows the ECU to calibrate the clutch diaphragm spring characteristic. These modifications resulted in a much improved clutch management.

C

CatmanV2

pm sent ^^^

My unit is 211739..

Current or the possible swap?

Page 94:

SOFAST III+ transmission control system (CFC301): identical to SOFAST III but with modified clutch and new operating software for further improved cluch management.

Either way, I'm not feeling a swap is workable. Still, I'm hardly an expert!

C

Okay so I’ve worked out using the chassis build number that my particular car is a SOFAST II with CFC231 Tcu. 2nd generation.. it also appears that I’ve purchased the same variant TCU with matching part numbers and CFC231 II but was fitted to a SportGT 2005. So this must be one of the last 231 units units before the ZF gearboxes... ur info has been a gr8 help. Thank you

midlifecrisis

Okay so I've worked out using the chassis build number that my particular car is a SOFAST II with CFC231 Tcu. 2nd generation.. it also appears that I've purchased the same variant TCU with matching part numbers and CFC231 II but was fitted to a SportGT 2005. So this must be one of the last 231 units units before the ZF gearboxes... ur info has been a gr8 help. Thank you
And this sort of information and detail makes my wife laugh in derision. To her a Maserati is 'just' a nice and fast car...but she's learning... Lol