Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F1 Transmission Control Unit

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterminiracer View Post
    I’ve managed to obtain a sport GT TCU off a QPV 2005.. my original has lost the function of allowing the transmission to disengage the clutch even tho it shows neutral thus burning the clutch somehow.. but anyway I wouldn’t mind learning more about what’s software versions run on which TCU/ECU from the GS and QP also if they are interchangeable ..
    PM me your email, I'll send you the Maserati academy doc:

but

MASERATI M139 Duoselect, EUROPE version
    HW CFC 231 (SOFAST II) up to assembly 18821
    HW CFC 301 (SOFAST III) from assembly 18822
    HW CFC 301 (SOFAST III+) from assembly 21925

It doesn't look like you can drop in a CFC301:

SOFAST III transmission control system (CFC301): the introduction of Sofast III involves a new control unit and the introduction of a longitudinal acceleration sensor
    and a clutch pressure sensor. The longitudinal acceleration information allows a gearchange and clutch management influenced by the vehicle dynamics. The clutch pressure information allows the ECU to calibrate the clutch diaphragm spring characteristic. These modifications resulted in a much improved clutch management.

C
    The Catman formerly known as an Alfisti.
    '07 Maserati GT (Grigio Palladio), 147 TS

pm sent ^^^

My unit is 211739..
    Maserati Quattroporte 4.2 Seq
    Honda Civic Type S GT
    A Van

www.dent-alert.co.uk
    We Paint you Drive

pm sent ^^^

My unit is 211739..
    Current or the possible swap?

Page 94:

SOFAST III+ transmission control system (CFC301): identical to SOFAST III but with modified clutch and new operating software for further improved cluch management.

Either way, I'm not feeling a swap is workable. Still, I'm hardly an expert!

C

My old and new are same part numbers.. The manual is an interesting read, but will need a few attempts to digest it lol..
    Honda Civic Type S GT
    A Van

www.dent-alert.co.uk
    We Paint you Drive

My old and new are same part numbers.. The manual is an interesting read, but will need a few attempts to digest it lol..
    Yeah it's not exactly transparent is it?

If they are the same part number....

C

Okay so I’ve worked out using the chassis build number that my particular car is a SOFAST II with CFC231 Tcu. 2nd generation.. it also appears that I’ve purchased the same variant TCU with matching part numbers and CFC231 II but was fitted to a SportGT 2005. So this must be one of the last 231 units units before the ZF gearboxes... ur info has been a gr8 help. Thank you
    Honda Civic Type S GT
    A Van

www.dent-alert.co.uk
    We Paint you Drive

c

SportsMaserati.com Moderator midlifecrisis's Avatar
    In amongst the Surrey Hills and dodging MAMiLs
    Okay so Iíve worked out using the chassis build number that my particular car is a SOFAST II with CFC231 Tcu. 2nd generation.. it also appears that Iíve purchased the same variant TCU with matching part numbers and CFC231 II but was fitted to a SportGT 2005. So this must be one of the last 231 units units before the ZF gearboxes... ur info has been a gr8 help. Thank you
    And this sort of information and detail makes my wife laugh in derision. To her a Maserati is 'just' a nice and fast car...but she's learning... Lol
    Martin
    Currently owning Maserati 4200 CC 4th July 2003 Kawasaki ZXR750 L1 1993 In bits. SEAT Leon FR Daily Lease

Past Well Pedalled Rocketships:Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4TP 2012, VW Polo 16V 1997
    Previous Sheds: Rover 214 SLi 1995, BMW 318i 1986, Vauxhall Astra 1984. Seat Ibiza SE TDI PD 22 June 2003
    Previous Motorbikes: Kawasaki ZX6R J2 2001 Honda CRF 230 2008 Kawasaki ZX9R C2 1998,Kawasaki ZX6R F2 1995, Suzuki GSX550ESD 1986.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123