Quattroporte Bellagio Wagon

Corranga

Why are there rails on the wood? Looks like it's been designed to allow large boxes to be slid into the back. Person sized ones for example...

Don't like the wheels.

Ewan

It belongs to Stephen Dowling, a well known member of the UK Maserati Club. He has an incredible collection of Maseratis and sent several over to Aus for the recent get-together. My understanding is that 5 of his classics were stopped by Customs however and were sent back.

GeoffCapes

It belongs to Stephen Dowling, a well known member of the UK Maserati Club. He has an incredible collection of Maseratis and sent several over to Aus for the recent get-together. My understanding is that 5 of his classics were stopped by Customs however and were sent back.

I read about that. Something to do with asbestos in the brake pads. Or the potential that they have.

Ridiculous!

Graham

With the Parliament building, Canberra in the background.....
DSC_7445.jpg
and with the Opera House and other Classics....
2018-03-26 07.38_edited.jpg
It was more that the ABF (Australian Border Force) wanted to do 'intrusive' testing on the cars (drilling holes etc.) rather than obvious components that had been replaced with non-asbestos parts. Understandably, this was rejected by the owner.

allandwf

I don't mind the look of that. Cosmetics could be changed to suit owners taste, but proportions look ok to me.

DavidL

Always a fan of the obscure estate. This, 456, various odd Astons, Lynx Eventer etc. There is just something very cool about an estate.

Ewan

I'm with you David. Many years ago I nearly bought a Lamborghini Flying Star. It was white and for sale at Pullicino in Wandsworth (that later became Joe Macari). Ended up buying a Jalpa off them instead, so I'm probably at least half a million or so poorer for that decision. Drat.

DavidL

I'll admit to having to Google a Flying Star but that fits the bill. Slightly gauky from the front maybe. Much though I like the Jalpa not your best decision! The YouTube video showed a Bentley GT shooting brake which looked ok.
There are a few 944 estates out there too.