Fix for your 5 disc cd changer

kodpkd

I took my broken cd changer apart. Figured out how to fix it. I found the design flaw that makes them all of a sudden quit. Not sure anybody really wants to have a working cd changer.

safrane

Well if you have one its better to have it working than not.

As one who does not stream I still enjoy my CDs.

Jnismith

Well if you have one its better to have it working than not.

As one who does not stream I still enjoy my CDs.

Peter,

I seem to remember you saying that you had a flip open screen on your car hifi. Do you have a picture of this. I am thinking of getting one with nav but am not sure how it will fit given the sloping console.

Cheers

Corranga

In what way was it failing in the first place?

Mine is temperamental. Seems to work ok sometimes, but only recognises having 1 disk in it, and sometimes fails completely.

safrane

Will take some shots now of the unit.

I still have the factory changer in the boot.

kodpkd

The table where the cd sets when playing gets out of balance. It is moved up and down on 3 jack screws. One of the jack screws adjuster slips, causing the table to tilt. The player will then not spin properly. It's a very small black screw threaded plastic that comes loose. Recenter the table and glue it in place. It shouldn't come loose again.

Jnismith

yeah, apologies Kodpkd, but need to get a sat nav in mine. The CD changer is still there but not connected to the later stereo. Would like to get Apple CarPlay

FIFTY

Does your multi changer play CD-R's? My car only seems to play original CD's... forget mix MP3 or even music cd format copies, it is pretty outdated media in the download to your phone (which then gets shared across your logged in devices) age

kodpkd

The player is unable to play the CD's. This is because the tray is tilted. The lights work, the ejection works. When it can't play the CD, it doesn't recognize the CD. I'm not sure about other CD changers, but the 2004ish Maserati's seem to all fail at some point.