Store or Sell

Murray C

Evening all. The question is do I store or sell. Currently in the process of purchasing a house which is great, unfortunately there is parking only for 1 vehicle

so 3 won't fit....yep i know...get rid of the rest. So do i store or sell....had this beautiful QP 55k for over 5 yrs now and has been an absolute pleasure.

Just replaced every part of the brake system last year, disc, callipers...front and rear, pads, braided lines, master cylinder and booster.....wouldn't have traveled

500miles since. Its in great condition and will be tuff to let it go, but on the other hand its going to cost me £150 a month to store. Is it worth storing, will

values go up over time, or do i sell so someone else enjoy it out on the road. What do the panel think?

Cheers
Murray

Gp79

If the parking situation won’t change In the foreseeable future I would think sell.

As well as storage costs you will have other maintenance / insurance etc.

I know it must be hard especially when you put time / effort / money into it.

As awesome as the QP is it will take a long time to bounce back in value, i’d let it go then buy another when you can keep it at home

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
If it is going to cost you £1,800 a year just for storage, plus storage insurance, and you aren't going to use her, I would unfortunately have to say sell.
For after coming out of storage and not used, it will need recommissioning for sure.

D Walker

I store mine, £100 a month, don’t pay storage insurance, have access 24 hours a day......but mine is a weekend / holiday car...

GeoffCapes

Madness. You never buy a house without at least 3 parking spaces!

Keep the QP and move somewhere else!

Andyk

Store and never use? Sell.

Store and use at least monthly? Keep!

This ..... If it was a car that was going up in money as well it may be worth storing but unfortunately the QP doesn't seem to be following the same route price wise as the GS....

bigbob

This ..... If it was a car that was going up in money as well it may be worth storing but unfortunately the QP doesn't seem to be following the same route price wise as the GS....

+1. Mind name a large saloon that is a good investment from that perspective.

Well when push comes to shove it is only a car.
We wax lyrical on this forum about its beauty, grace, performance etc which is all true.
I assume no replacement is on the horizon due to space issues.
You have made your choice on a house so the QP has to go.
Sell it (if you can!)

Ewan

To store, insure, service, tax and MOT will cost at least £2000 a year. So, on a car worth something in the low/mid teens, if you're not going to use it, sell. Values won't go up for probably 15 years or more.

There are always plenty for sale, so you can always climb aboard the good ship QPV at a later stage if you so wish. I did this 4 times!

MrMickS

Sell unless you are going to use it.

Seriously though, moving to a house without sufficient parking for your cars? Failure of man logic there I'm afraid.

On that I'm sure I can probably get at least one more car on the drive but have so far failed in the persuasion stakes…

outrun

Give it to me. I will store it for free!

In all seriousness, sell it as the storage cost is not worth it unless you are going to use it. As Ewan said, you can get another one easily in the future if you want.

Sell it. Its just not worth sinking storage costs into this sort of asset. If you want to retain it, consider buying a different house with space to accommodate cars.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Give it to me. I will store it for free!

In all seriousness, you might see if you can lease it to someone for, say, a year. With a good Warranty, Insurance and Agreement, someone could have a year of QP motoring without the capital outlay, and you get your car back at the end.

Murray C

Thanks for all the input and comments guys....more parking would be nice, may be possible to pinch a bit of the garden, would have to get the wife on board. Finding the right house is harder than finding the right car i think going on the number we looked at. Will photograph it up and advertise it for sale and see what the response is like for a few weeks. If it doesn't sell then its into storage. Have found a place over Cambridge way for £90 which is better but 30miles away. Whats the preferred selling site then....Ebay, pistonheads or auto trader?

Gazcw

Sell the wife. Turn house into an upstairs flat and convert the ground floor into garage.