Quattroporte V Fitted luggae

Grant V

I've always admired the fitted luggage period option with classic cars, most notably with Mercedes-Benz. It's fabulous to see a 300SL Gullwing with fitted luggage, along the gracious 300S, and of course the 600 Grosser.

I was unaware that there was a fitted luggage option for the Quattroporte and a Google search resulted in a full set being available in the US recently which had hardly been used. I've subsequently found out the fitted luggage option on the current QP is obscenely expensive, so I managed to pick this set up for a relative snip.

There are five suitcases in total of which three have arrived so far, and they're absolutely beautiful. All leather and exquisitely made with the pattern on the front of the suitcases mimicking the grill design. True Italian craftsmanship. (There's a reason why your wives want Prado handbags, chaps).

Now I've just got to find some place to go with it.

WvLXIow.jpg

SuinC9h.jpg

nFEZ1N5.jpg

ZFCLeY7.jpg

XLKwQN6.jpg

Ewan

Very lovely. I have the same set, but in blue (obviously!). The largest case should also contain an additional suit carrier, so do check for that.

Fits in the QPV boot perfectly. But not quite so well in my GS or GT!

Grant V

Were these luggage sets available in all interior colours? My interior is cream, but the set is tan.

TridentTested

It's interesting to see them in more detail like this. I've always dismissed them as being too cheap looking while at the same time costing the earth.

Your pics show that they are certainly well made.

Mattp

They do look nice! you must send a photo of it all fitted into the boot... for such a big car, to boot is laughable under normal circumstances!!

TridentTested

for such a big car, to boot is laughable under normal circumstances!!

I've always felt they've cheated on the measurements. My Alfa 166's boot was 500 litres, my Citroën C6's was 480 litres and the QP V is supposed to be 450 litres. That's a difference of supposedly only 30 or 50 litres - one squashy bag.

Having packed all three cars for long road trips, I can remember how many large sports bags used to fit in the 166 and how few now fit in the QP. Sometimes it feels like half the size of the 166. And the 166 had a full sized spare wheel.

safrane

I have these for my 4200 GS in black.

Although nice the quality is not as good as the QP or GT sets and to be honest they don't make full use of the space. However they do look the part when collected by the bell boy/girl at a nice hotel.

TridentTested

Maybe they are counting the spare wheel space as well!
Eb

Oh I'm sure they do. I do too, I've never had a spare wheel; and I pack that space with SWMBO's stuff as well. In fact I took the folding boot floor out some time ago, and stored it, because that allows a little more flexibility in packing.

Funnily, I've no problem fitting everything I need into my motorbike's tiny tail pack for a tour on my own.