Which battery?

allandwf

Of the two, personally, I would go with the top one as it has the higher capacity, slightly more oomph to turn Marci over. As long as dimension will fit.
Link brings up a whole list though, not just two.

highlander

Of the two, personally, I would go with the top one as it has the higher capacity, slightly more oomph to turn Marci over. As long as dimension will fit.
Link brings up a whole list though, not just two.

Sorry Allan, thought link only brought up the two s5 Bosch batteries.....

allandwf

Once you put the Reg. No in it does. :) Either looks good, one has slightly higher capacity, the other has higher CCA, so swings and roundabouts.

Lozzer

Bought the Exide one from there for the 3200, with discount was just over £100 If I remember, CCA 760A and the fit was fine, I would also go with the higher CCA, it makes a difference.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

midlifecrisis

For the unitiated CCA is the Cold Cranking Amps, in other words how much current (Amps) the battery can deliver to the starter motor to turn a cold engine.

I had a CRF230 motor bike with a battery of around 60amps (only a single cylinder 4 stroke 223cc) it barely struggled to turn the engine even on a warm day and often gave up. I changed it for a battery with a higher CCA (90A) and it burst into life!

Likewise a Maserati with a battery with a higher CCA will start easier but beware of going too high and trying to turn over an engine with no fuel or some issue whereby it won't start as the battery will happily deliver current and warm up your cabling to the starter...so if it doesn't start in 4-5seconds give it a minute or so.

allandwf

CCA is not the end of it though, capacity also comes into it. a high CCA but with a smaller capacity , yes can deliver that, but if capacity is small then maybe only once or twice, you have to relate it to the battery capacity also. CCA is not the be all and end all.

Rex B

Varta do a good battery for the 3200, their E38 096/100 is 74AH 750cca and has dimensions of 175high175w and 278 long. The height of 175mm allows 15mm more than most fitments and more space beneath the relays. Available from Tanya batteries on line at £78.97 in vat.

Rex B
Manual 3200

conaero

Forum Owner
Varta do a good battery for the 3200, their E38 096/100 is 74AH 750cca and has dimensions of 175high175w and 278 long. The height of 175mm allows 15mm more than most fitments and more space beneath the relays. Available from Tanya batteries on line at £78.97 in vat.

Rex B
Manual 3200

Thanks Dave, I think I might get one of those, my Strad one is starting to muck about.