Track advice

Marwood

What, in your experience, is the most fun track to take a GS on?

In previous biking life I did track days at Brands, Donnington, Cadwell and Snetterton, and Mallory in classics.

I've done Goodwood a few times in the Maser and while its been great fun, I'm always conscious of the high cost of making small mistakes there (back in biking days I once had to duck under my brother's bike as he high sided at 100+), especially in the wet. I'd like to find something with more run off and slower corners so I can get the car moving around a bit more a bit less fear factor. Plus, a mate who is new to tracks wants to bring his M2 along and GW might not be the best into to circuit life.

We're West London / Surrey based so the likes of Anglesey and Cadwell are a bit far.

Advice welcomed friends.

Best
R

Tipmethewink

I've only done bike track days but Bedford Autodrome seemed pretty forgiving and you couldn't get stupid fast though pretty strict noise limits. You've done Cadwell but it's grasstastic, loads of run off. Also, if you've not done a track day at Snetterton since they changed the circuit layout, it's a lot twistier and love it on a bike though obviously you're still fair shifting at the end of the big straights. I don't trust myself to do a track day in the car though.

WaveyDavey

Bedford is the obvious one as others have identified. Not much to hit!

The various old airfield tracks off the M4 are, I imagine, forgiving - but they look a bit dull to me so I've never bothered.

A bit further afield is Llandow, which is very short and twisty, lower speed (doubt you'd get into 4th gear), and very relaxed (they didn't bother with noise testing when I went).

Andyk

Llandow is cheap a cheerful and the forum has been there many times and a track you will learn very quickly as its not that big but does have a couple of technical corners. Not as much run off as the bigger tracks though.

Any major track will be fun in your car....Donnigton is great a will be fun and Castle Combe also worth a visit which is a fast track. What about Brands Hatch as that's close to you.

zagatoes30

Bedford is OK and has some space, a mix of slow and fast corners. Evening sessions in the summer are quite good, not too expensive and not overly busy. Same is true of Brands Indy circuit where they do open pit lane evenings from 5:00 to disappearing light normally 8 ish you just have to be aware of Paddock Hill which can catch out the unwary.

alfatwo

I’d go donnington, it’s fast and flowing with plenty of run off.

Yea Donington Park for me too, It's fast but you won't hurt yourself or the car..Leicester Royal Infirmary is not too far away either!

You may well sh*t yourself though :wink: when those small brakes start overheating, as there heavy cars and not really suited for track use..

Dave