BiTurbo on ebay

Anyone considering making an offer, be extremely careful. There's a dealer in Buntingford that's been prosecuted at least once for clocking cars. Can’t recall the guy's name, but he's changed the name he uses to trade, from the name he was prosecuted under.

TridentTested

The doors don't look to be closing properly which points to the hinges sagging, probably as a result of rust on the A-pillar. The sills also look very patchy.

I would say there is an awful lot of welding ahead for the new owner, probably a full rebuild.

Wanderer

I had a BiTurbo, easily the worst car I ever had. ‘83 in red, tan interior, cost me £600 in 2000 no idea what I was thinking.

At the same time I saw one in Carlisle driving past the station making some very unhealthy knocking sounds from the engine, so I don't feel a lot of love for those.

And I've had an Alfa 33......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

conaero

Forum Owner
Been thinking about a 33 for a few years too. Would be good to get an unbiased opinion of what they are actually like to own.

After a 1.7 33 P4...hence why its taken me years and still not got one.

zagatoes30

Alfa 33 from the boring to the bonkers - early spec 1.3 and 1.5 cars suffer from heavier body but same engine as the Alfasud hence feel less urgent. The injection cars were a bit better but still a bit tame. The 1.7 however was bonkers, in either 8V or 16V form although cat versions felt a bit sluggish. The best IMO was the 1.7 8V on twin carbs, 117 BHP with loads of torque steer and fantastic induction roar. The 16V injected version in the P4 was more powerful 137BHP but lost some of that Alfa madness.

Biggest issue was the build quality, everything was cheaper than an Alfasud and much less Italian, they felt like they were held together with sticky tape and a bit of string, after a few years some were, but they were still fun and went quite well for the era.

Wanderer

That last bit.

Mine was a Gold Cloverleaf with the wrong badge in it, the better Green Cloverleaf.

It was a shed, I was conned, fell for sob story, traded in my Toyota Celica Liftback ended up paying extra for a crapper car.

Hated that car.....