Grigio Alfieri 3200 For Sale (Manual box)

Contigo

Sponsor
I cannot believe this has not sold now. I've had many enquiries but not one viewing. This is a no brainer and I'd take it back if it weren't for being in the process of selling the GTS and trying to get into a Strad.

Selling on behalf of a friend who owns the car. I sold it to him about 2 years ago and he loves it but just isn't using her as he has 5 other cars and uses his Merc SL500 much more. When we got the car we put new discs on it, a starter motor and did some paintwork as there were rust bubbles around the rear arches. It's had a wheel refurb too which is a nice touch.

The car was a demonstrator for Meridien Modena in Lyndhurst and it's date of first registration is 31/1/2001.

History as follows

15/2/2001 @ 1012 miles (Free service) Meridien Modena
07/8/2001 @ 6284 miles Meridien Modena
07/3/2002 @ 18642 miles Meridien Modena
14/8/2003 @ 24718 miles (cambelt change) Meridien Modena
28/1/2005 @ 36028 miles Meridien Modena
17/3/2006 @48699 miles Meridien Modena
29/6/2007 @ 54130 miles Maserati Shed
20/4/2011 @ 58128 (cambelt) Maserati Shed
21/8/2012 @ 62266 Maserati Shed

Oil was changed a year ago but the Cambelt is probably due based on age rather than mileage.

The car benefits from the all important throttle body upgrade and is the later 2001 car with quicker steering and Ferrari QA stamp.

Sports boxes on the rear so it sounds far better than a stock system and there is no worry about the rusting of back boxes (trust me they rot very quickly)

maserati-3200-gt-v8-S3430759-4.jpg

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...rati-3200-gt-v8------------------2001/8619173

Last edited:

Guy

That looks very pretty Phil. Low price compared to others for sale? If you were involved, does that mean it has a LOUD exhaust?

Contigo

Sponsor
That looks very pretty Phil. Low price compared to others for sale? If you were involved, does that mean it has a LOUD exhaust?

It is low Guy. It's priced for a quick sale and to allow someone else the pleasure of owning such a beauty. It's not by any means perfect but believe me it drives really well and is a well sorted car. There are a few marks and blemishes commensurate with the age of the vehicle but it's a really nice car with a cracking colour combination.

RW3200

Lovely looking car.
Hopefully the change in weather will help it on its way.
Best of luck.

R

alfatwo

Maybe the high miles and lack of crank end float details might put some people off!

Dave

Contigo

Sponsor
66k miles is high? Look at the others on Pistonheads Dave...

Who cares about end float? :D

Strikes me as a very fair price. Especially given how well it's been looked after.
A no brainer for anyone looking for that model, I'd have thought.

Saigon

I think in a lot of cases we get far to concerned about mileage, other important factors need to be taken into consideration as well. In addition to the Maserati, I have a 25 year old BM E31 V12, it had 85 K on the clock when I bought it, but it had been well looked after and had a full service history from day one, so the mileage didn't bother me and its still going strong today, 10 years later.

Contigo

Sponsor
Guy came to see it at the weekend expecting it to be concourse. There are a few marks here and there (stone chips) and the odd blemish. The front grille (like most) could do with a rechrome but it is priced to sell as it is.

alfatwo

Who cares about end float? :D[/QUOTE]

Well, most folk who like 3200s do... you can't just blag it like we used to, you need to offer a report on the engines condition!

Dave

Contigo

Sponsor
The wait continues..... Steve is amazed after two viewings it hasn't sold. What people expect at this price range is madness. It's a few K cheaper than one from a dealer and the gents who came said those at £16-18k they had seen were dogs. Buy on history and the drive not on condition applies to Maserati and people forget that.

madmanmart

The wait continues..... Steve is amazed after two viewings it hasn't sold. What people expect at this price range is madness. It's a few K cheaper than one from a dealer and the gents who came said those at £16-18k they had seen were dogs. Buy on history and the drive not on condition applies to Maserati and people forget that.

Sorry I don’t agree that that statement.
IMO condition is number one. These cars need to look gorgeous in the metal not just pics.
Things that need sorting can cost big money to put right. I’ve seen plenty of rough cars with ‘good history’.

Nayf

IMO condition is number one. These cars need to look gorgeous in the metal not just pics.
Things that need sorting can cost big money to put right. I’ve seen plenty of rough cars with ‘good history’.
I can see both sides to this. That minor parking ding, rust spot, bit of torn leather – NOT suggesting the car in question has any of these – that is often touted as a simple job very rarely is. A good paint job can be phenomenally expensive. Sure you could get it done cheaply but it would look terrible. My GTA has a tiny patch of rust on the roof, but a localised paint would look terrible because it's a metallic. So the entire roof panel needs to be done. There's also a mark on the rear panel under the passenger window – because of the curvature of the body lines, the entire section has to be done. This all costs money.
There is no such thing as a cheap respray as you'll only be ****** off with the results and end up paying more to have it done again.
And then there's the issue of Maserati parts scarcity, multiplied by 3200 parts scarcity.
I'm not seeking to antagonise, but cars – much like humans – are judged on their first impression. I recently went to look at a 3200 (it's not one that's been on the forum or MC, just to be clear). It was presented with minor rust around the boomerang rear lights and kerb damage here and there. But the most critical thing for me was the flat tyre. While I do understand that prepping every car to perfection prior to a sale isn't always possible – especially for slow-moving stock such as Masers – you do have to wonder if a tyre cannot be inflated, what else hasn't been attended to...

As I say, not seeking to **** anyone off...

Contigo

Sponsor

These cars are 20 years old to have them perfect is not going to happen unless you've spent tens of thousands of pounds on restoration or full paint job. The proof is in the drive and nothing else that will tell you if things have been done and if the car has the right history. This manual car drives as good if not better than the other three I've owned.