AUX Adaptor for GT 2008

madmover

Hoping for an easy solution.

I'd like to play music from my ipod/iphone in my Granturismo
It's a 2008 4.2 and has a HDD
Is there a cable or adaptor which is easy to 'plug and play' into the back of the head unit? I do have a parrot installed but it won't allow for music to be streamed on

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Ebenezer

If you have a cd changer then you can get a loudlink (https://loudlink.eu/webshop/) which works very well. If you don't have the cd changer, you can install the harness but that requires knowledge and expertise on how to do that sort of thing
Eb

CatmanV2

Didn't someone use some kind of bluetooth gadget from Amazon to stream music from and iPod?

Into the USB port, which I was assuming he didn't have given the age of the car.....

Plus IIRC there is a 3.5mm jack next to it.

C

CatmanV2

If you have a cd changer then you can get a loudlink (https://loudlink.eu/webshop/) which works very well. If you don't have the cd changer, you can install the harness but that requires knowledge and expertise on how to do that sort of thing
Eb

The GT doesn't get a changer at all as far as I know.

The Magnetti Marelli NIT does show standard ISO sockets on the back so it *may* be possible to connect across pins 18-20 if the hardware is actually connected to it.

Cheers

C

mr gill

If you have a 3.5mm aux in jack and usb for power then yes it's very easy, just buy a Bluetooth streamer with a 3.5mm jack, then power it from the usb, job done. Did exactly the same on my other half's x3, all in 6quid from ebay, but I would get one with aptX ideally for a better sound

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
The easiest approach (in my humble) is to forget using an iPod or similar because you won't be able to control it via the steering wheels and head unit.

Instead, convert all files to .mp3 format and stick 'em on a USB drive which you can plug straight in to the USB hole. If you use a Mac I recommed using tomp3converter to do the mp3 thang (drag them from the itunes folder), and then a program called BlueHarvest to strip out the strange artefact files which get left behind and which otherwise will show up as tracks on the head-unit screen. Note that the only drawback here is the 999-track limit. Not sure why, but there's a limit.

Devonboy

Hoping for an easy solution.

I'd like to play music from my ipod/iphone in my Granturismo
It's a 2008 4.2 and has a HDD
Is there a cable or adaptor which is easy to 'plug and play' into the back of the head unit? I do have a parrot installed but it won't allow for music to be streamed on

Thanks in advance,
Andy

I use the miccus rtx mini and it’s great - you can’t use the track buttons from the steering but vol works and this unit boosts the vol so I listen on vol 13 rather than 30 - oh and it’s £20!

Gazcw

I use the miccus rtx mini and it’s great - you can’t use the track buttons from the steering but vol works and this unit boosts the vol so I listen on vol 13 rather than 30 - oh and it’s £20!

I have the 30 pin iPod connector have you the same?

Contigo

Sponsor
The 4.2’s used a HW7 NIT. Unfortunately it doesn’t have Bluetooth capability but with a cable you can have an AUX input (the glovebox one). Look in the glovebox and you should have a blanking plate there. Under that plate are the USB and mini jack AUX sockets. You need a £30 cable and a Proxi file update from the main dealer. The USB is only a charging socket and not data capable unfortunately so it is an expensive job just to get an AUX mini jack for MP3 players and a charging port.

GeoffCapes

The easiest approach (in my humble) is to forget using an iPod or similar because you won't be able to control it via the steering wheels and head unit.

Instead, convert all files to .mp3 format and stick 'em on a USB drive which you can plug straight in to the USB hole. If you use a Mac I recommed using tomp3converter to do the mp3 thang (drag them from the itunes folder), and then a program called BlueHarvest to strip out the strange artefact files which get left behind and which otherwise will show up as tracks on the head-unit screen. Note that the only drawback here is the 999-track limit. Not sure why, but there's a limit.

That's handy. Wondered how I'm going to get rid of them. Very annoying.

spkennyuk

Where did you get tomp3converter from. Just done a google search amd it doesnt find anything. Is ot mac only or windows too

GeoffCapes

I didn't bother using a tomp3converter, my files work fine, it's just the artefact files I needed to delete.
Blue Harvest does the job perfectly. I no longer have hundreds of useless files on my USB.