Coupe or Gransport

Nayf

This.....The GS was the closest Maserati got to a 911 competitor......Or so EVO said......So when people say that you buy a Cayman as you can afford a 911 do you buy a 4200 as you can't stretch to a GS........Stands back and heads for cover .....
Having driven both a lot now I'd say it really boils down to what you really want from your Maserati experience.
If you want speed, rapid progress, discreet looks and reasonable ride comfort, get the 4200, best post 2003. Unless you're really going to be throwing it around, the harder suspension in the GS's sport mode might spoil it. After all, the 4200's pretty good in the corners and certainly more involving than a Jaguar XKR X150, for example. But...

However, if you really want a Jekyll and Hyde car then GS will deliver that in a way he 4200 can't quite reach - that wasn't the 4200's Focus. The GranSport is harder, sharper, more focused. For me it's worth every single penny over a 4200, simply because I like my cars to be a bit fighty (hence the GTA) and the 4200 isn't quite the car for that (for me - even if I was surprised by just how weildy 4200s can be). Just imo and all that...