RADO Watches

EnzoMC

hi all

I know a few on here like their watches and want to see what your suggestions are for the best place / cost to get a RADO ?

its not for me, way out of my price for a watch - budget is about £2k which just seem bonkers to me but suspect this is cheap for a good watch, its going to be a daily watch and not for investiment

are Rado good / strong / well built ? I've noticed on the second-hand market, a 2-3 yr old RADO is selling for next to nothing (so not an investiment watches)

zagatoes30

Love Rado watches, I have one as a dress watch super slim and IMO cool, not something I would wear everyday though.

conaero

Forum Owner
I am very fussy when it comes to watches and spent out back in 1997 on a Gucci G watch which I still have and wear today. I remember at the time, the RADO watches I liked too and were a contender as they were, like the Gucci, very different from the rest.

I dont buy into the divers watch type rolex thing, I like unusual, not run of the mill type of stuff (hence the Maseratis)

Cant comment on value, I prefer to go with things that if I like it, I buy it and don't really worry about its long term future worth (unless its a Maserati of course)

EnzoMC

hi Andy

dose you watch seem well built, just concerned if its going to be a daily that the strap won't break or the face get scratch easy

Wayne1

Why a Rado specifically? For £2k there are better, stronger, more daily durable watches out there. Tag, Longines, Baume & Mercier...... Just a few to consider.

john4fun

Hi i have three rado watches they are very tough not easy to mark at all i would be very carful about buying one secondhand and i have used chrono 24 and i dont trust them they dont sell watches just work as middle men . i would try watchfinder.co.uk if its sold by them its genuine .

sionie1

Rado are very tough - ceramic - which is their main selling point. Their range has increased massively in the past few years, when I first started buying watches they only had a few models. Very slim and pretty. Are you looking at the ceramic strap as well? My wife has 3 and has never had any issues with faces or straps but hers are all ceramic.

Goldsmiths often have a decent discount on watches, it moves around between Ebel, Rado, Brietling and some of the fashion brands. That’ll depend on timing of offers though I suppose. Watch out for 2nd hand, loads of fakes, I got caught out with one.

zagatoes30

Mine is a Rado Ceramica Automatic, all black where the strap and face almost run as one. It is high gloss and hence I suspect daily use it would damage easily. Mine is about 1998 ish.

Agree with check for fakes there are a lot out there.

CatmanV2

I know someone that used to wear his Rado when he worked in a tiling warehouse. Never a mark on it.

Ceramic and tough as **** was, I thought, rather the point.

C

jamesc69

Hi i have three rado watches they are very tough not easy to mark at all i would be very carful about buying one secondhand and i have used chrono 24 and i dont trust them they dont sell watches just work as middle men . i would try watchfinder.co.uk if its sold by them its genuine .

I've bought a couple of watches from https://www.hackettwatches.com/
Dominic has always provided useful advise and hassle free.

EnzoMC

thank you all for the feedback, Rado seems a good watch to use as a daily

watchfinder.co.uk only have the one Rado and hackettwatches.com don't have any but both have some very nice watches

thanks again and I'll pass on all the feedback

Andyk

I had one and within 2 months it fell apart......

Maybe it's because it came from a shop in turkey and cost £10....;)

Andyk

Fake my friend....... Turkey, Marmarise, cheaper than Asda price plastered every where, signs for full English on every bar.....Nothing is real there......Horrid place.....wanted to see the Turkish culture not little Britain......Was many years ago but wouldn't go back there that's for sure.

CatmanV2

Fake my friend....... Turkey, Marmarise, cheaper than Asda price plastered every where, signs for full English on every bar.....Nothing is real there......Horrid place.....wanted to see the Turkish culture not little Britain......Was many years ago but wouldn't go back there that's for sure.

I rather meant that it can't have been only that it was a tenner that was the reason it fell apart ;) Feeble attempt at humour :D

C