Why has this not sold?

Rwc13

Think you're being a bit unfair on the Brera. Sounds like you bought a dog and gave it to idiots to put right. Of course it's going to be unreliable..... Plenty of others have had Breras without issues, me included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allandwf

Think you’re being a bit unfair on the Brera. Sounds like you bought a dog and gave it to idiots to put right. Of course it’s going to be unreliable..... Plenty of others have had Breras without issues, me included

And me 3.2 on 118k used as a daily. :)

Think you’re being a bit unfair on the Brera. Sounds like you bought a dog and gave it to idiots to put right. Of course it’s going to be unreliable..... Plenty of others have had Breras without issues, me included

On my second Brera traveling weekly from Leeds to Cambridge and then across the Midlands and East. A black Brera with sport seats and dark dashboard looks wonderful although not as much fun as my previous GT. Only Brera problems are EGR valve and the awful mpg for a works car

Andyk

Think you're being a bit unfair on the Brera. Sounds like you bought a dog and gave it to idiots to put right. Of course it's going to be unreliable..... Plenty of others have had Breras without issues, me included

Yes you are probably right on that Rwc13.......Left a bad taste in my mouth though and has put me off Alfas....Apart from the GTV....never ever had any issues with any of the three I've owned. For me one of Alfas best.

Needamaser

I agree with some of what has been said about public perception of the brand but that comes largely , again as said , because you don't walk into a dealer and see these cars in stock.
Maserati dealers are not selling them and gave me the impression they are not even that keen on sevicing them.
If dealers have no interest in them why would the public in general want to buy one?
As Andy said you go into any AM dealer and they will happily sell you a 90k 2005 V8 Vantage. They will give you the same attention as if you were spending £100k on a DB11 and they will put a warranty on it which knocks most other warranties into a tin hat. You have confidence in that car as a result and they know the experience will have you hooked and you will be back next time for the DB11 or new Vantage or whatever. They are happy to sell a DB7. That is confidence in their brand.
Maserati are p!ss poor by comparison.

bigbob

I agree with some of what has been said about public perception of the brand but that comes largely , again as said , because you don't walk into a dealer and see these cars in stock.
Maserati dealers are not selling them and gave me the impression they are not even that keen on sevicing them.
If dealers have no interest in them why would the public in general want to buy one?
As Andy said you go into any AM dealer and they will happily sell you a 90k 2005 V8 Vantage. They will give you the same attention as if you were spending £100k on a DB11 and they will put a warranty on it which knocks most other warranties into a tin hat. You have confidence in that car as a result and they know the experience will have you hooked and you will be back next time for the DB11 or new Vantage or whatever. They are happy to sell a DB7. That is confidence in their brand.

Interesting. I turned down the AM drive day at Gleneagles a couple of months ago as I am not going to spend £150k ish on a DB11 but perhaps I should have gone along. Mind 500+ bhp, February, Scotland, RWD and the likelihood of summer tyres put me off also.

GeoffCapes

Interesting. I turned down the AM drive day at Gleneagles a couple of months ago as I am not going to spend £150k ish on a DB11 but perhaps I should have gone along. Mind 500+ bhp, February, Scotland, RWD and the likelihood of summer tyres put me off also.

What could possibly go wrong?........

conaero

Forum Owner

Believe me, its a dog, how do I know....I bought it off Andy and its been a PITA!

Tipmethewink

The prevalence of German metal may also be down to their financing. A few years ago the head of Mercedes, I think, said 90% of all private sales were on finance.

Andyk

Believe me, its a dog, how do I know....I bought it off Andy and its been a PITA!

Sorry about that.........but.....a better resurrection than Jesus...You are a man of much patients and a God of all restorers....Still wished I had scrapped it and not sold it to you though my friend.....

Andyk

This is what I was getting at.....and there are others ..Ferrari I think are one...