First World problems of the 21st Century

Lozzer

Service stations having the most expensive petrol in the country, I can understand remote areas cost but £1.58 ltr at Scotch Corner, really??!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

alfatwo

Service stations having the most expensive petrol in the country, I can understand remote areas cost but £1.58 ltr at Scotch Corner, really??!

Wow that's heavy Lozz, It's £1.18 at the local Sainsbury's

Dave

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk

That’s outrageous, £1.40 near us at the services which is rude when it’s £1.19 at our local Texaco; but £1.58!!

Lozzer

Pleased I was only topping her up!
71660d6d64d549f0c2ac16576103d9a1.jpg

highlander

Just as well these old gals are economical then mate..... ;)

RSM Masser

Apologies for the thread swerve, but a hot BMW M1? The original with the drop down doors, a tuned 1 series Or the silly 1M 1/3 series mashup?

Its a M135i Turbo and has been decatted, breathed on and mapped - puts out nearly 400bhp (not tested) and yes its f**king quick! Not mine but son-in-law (in waiting).
Incidentally the hot hatch is a Vauxhall Adam 1.4 turbo - goes like a train, handles well and i think looks pretty cool in gunmetal grey and red roof

MrMickS

The recent hot spell has brought one to mind.

Considering wearing gloves in the heat due to the air con chilling the aluminium paddles on the Ghibli. The vents play straight out onto them and make them freezing to the touch.

MrPea

The recent hot spell has brought one to mind.

Considering wearing gloves in the heat due to the air con chilling the aluminium paddles on the Ghibli. The vents play straight out onto them and make them freezing to the touch.
You clearly need some proper crochet backed driving gloves, Mick.

MrPea

Aren't they fingerless which will defeat the object?
Only if you buy fingerless ones. If you buy full fingered ones it'll be fine.
Mick, go to Chester Jefferies and you could customise them to have the leather matching your car.

midlifecrisis

Time-wasting emails at work.

I did a time management course when I was at Bournemouth and it was a revelation. I came to Gatwick and could see the same mistakes being made with the new company. We're now advocating a policy of not hitting 'reply all' automatically unless necessary and using the phone more/talking to people if you have a specific issue or if the email takes you more than 15 minutes to write unless you need to spell out a legality or decision of importance.

Work has become more effective and efficient. We've also banned discussing problems to the nth degree at catchup meetings and only have the minimal amount of them too.

It's only taken me 2 years to get through to people....

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Time-wasting emails at work.

I did a time management course when I was at Bournemouth and it was a revelation. I came to Gatwick and could see the same mistakes being made with the new company. We're now advocating a policy of not hitting 'reply all' automatically unless necessary and using the phone more/talking to people if you have a specific issue or if the email takes you more than 15 minutes to write unless you need to spell out a legality or decision of importance.

Work has become more effective and efficient. We've also banned discussing problems to the nth degree at catchup meetings and only have the minimal amount of them too.

It's only taken me 2 years to get through to people....

MLC, I feel your past-pain! My boss is great at email management, and great at not copying unecessarily to the extent that if I'm on holiday he doesn't copy me on anything and just fills me in when I get back. I return the favour and do the same for other people.

Generally, we're bad at email control, though. Drives me nuts when I'm copied in emails between two people trying to decide when they should have a phone call. Get me the fvck off your bloody chat! I don't give a shat.