Chips Away ?

Saigon

Has anyone ever used Chips away or similar for the repair of minor scuffs or stone chip repair. I took the weather proof outdoor cover of last week and there are stone chip marks on the roof. I must have got some small stones inside the cover while fitting it a few weeks ago, and they have scratched the roof. Its nothing major by any means but really bugging me! Wondering what they are like in general quality wise, as well as matching to original paint. Thanks in advance, cheers.

conaero

Forum Owner
It’s all about the technician you get. Some are very good and some are very poor.

What I would do is go to your local used prestige car sales place and ask the sales staff who they use.

Basically, go on recommendation not the company as a local one man band with years of body shop experience is by far your best bet.

conaero

Forum Owner
MAF has a guy near him who is amazing. You have to book him weeks in advance mind.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I've used Chipsaway a couple of times for minor wheel scuffs and small scratches. I've been happy with what they've done.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Has anyone used one of those DIY dent puller kits, that you glue stick a plastic pad onto the paint, with a puller?
Just noticed a little ding on the side of the BMW from someone opening a door onto the panel.

Scaf

Has anyone used one of those DIY dent puller kits, that you glue stick a plastic pad onto the paint, with a puller?
Just noticed a little ding on the side of the BMW from someone opening a door onto the panel.

I tried and eBay kit on my sons car and it was waste of time....... I would get the local dent expert in, get a recommendation rather than some random in a van.

I have two people in my area I have used, both recommended by local high end car dealer.
I pay £40 for one dent, but last time he came he removed two others he spotted on cars on the drive (including one on the GTS) £100 all in - top job.

Used a random in a van once and the panel was never right after that ......

spkennyuk

Has anyone ever used Chips away or similar for the repair of minor scuffs or stone chip repair. I took the weather proof outdoor cover of last week and there are stone chip marks on the roof. I must have got some small stones inside the cover while fitting it a few weeks ago, and they have scratched the roof. Its nothing major by any means but really bugging me! Wondering what they are like in general quality wise, as well as matching to original paint. Thanks in advance, cheers.

Something to bear in mind with companies like chips away are that they are franchises.

The local franchise to me might be brilliant but the local franchise to you could be a horror story waiting to happen.

As others have said recomendations in your local area will go a long way.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk

If you come and see me I’ll tell you who the best person locally is to sort it out depending on how bad the damage is.

Saigon

If you come and see me I’ll tell you who the best person locally is to sort it out depending on how bad the damage is.

Thank you very much Richard, thats an offer I will take you up on. Right now I am in SE Asia and will be back home 1st June, I will contact you then. And also thanks to all the others who have contributed their advice, appreciated.