MC Stradale Centennial- good price?

Contigo

Sponsor
Lovely looking car, steel brakes though? I have no idea really, but would imagine ceramics would be standard for that performance level.

Amazing to think how much more you would have to pay for a Ferrari with this performance level.

Will this new generation of Maclarens ever increase in value?

Only the special editions just like Ferraris ie P1 and Senna. The LT's were meant to be an investment but I've yet to see proof of that.

todea20

Lovely looking car, steel brakes though? I have no idea really, but would imagine ceramics would be standard for that performance level.

Amazing to think how much more you would have to pay for a Ferrari with this performance level.

Will this new generation of Maclarens ever increase in value?
I don't mind steel brakes.Ceramics are expensive to replace and noisy for street use.Even the guys that are doing trackdays nowadays choose steel againt ceramics due to costs
Someone make this guy an offer of 80k now and you won't loose any money.A freaking 05 06 gallardo is 70k

Andyk

Is that the two seater that's been for sale a few times over the last few years. Two seater with the later bonnet, can't be many like that.

Think I prefer the Bianco Fuji one on AT at 60k...

outrun

That looks cheap if a bit on the black side. Have to ask why it has a later bonnet. Who's mad enough to pay maserati prices for a carbon bonnet just to get a centre scoop? Must be the thick end of £8k worth. Makes me suspicious.

Otherwise looks to be a bargain.

azapa

I thought the same regarding the bonnet. Can't be a transition/parts bin raid either, as this car is 2011, probably one of the earlier ones made. I would suspect a swap due to damage. Still, a hoot to own and drive I'm sure!

Ewan

That's 4 Strads on Pistonheads all from dealers, with warranties, at asking prices starting with a 5. Getting good value now, surely. Personally I'm still waiting for a 2 seater in blue to crop up.

Andyk

When this was for sale while back the same questions were asked about the bonnet. Very expensive to change. You have to say with the two seater would you not keep it standard as well as you could argue it would be worth more original.

Ewan

I called the owner and the car had this bonnet when he bought it from a dealer in Yorskshire a year ago. He knew nothing about a bonnet change and didn't realise that the 2 seater cars had different bonnets to the 4 seater cars.

He's not aware of the car ever having been damaged and the HPI check is clear. It's just had a £3500 service at the Maserati main dealer up there, and will be given a new MOT when sold (the MOT and Tax ran out last month). If I was in the market for a 2 seat Strad in black and lived up North, I'd definitely take a look. But right now, and in the absence of being able to buy a 2 seat Strad in blue, I'm finding myself being drawn to a blue Gallardo...

Andyk

Isn't it Grey not black. The one that was for sale in Yorkshire with the 4 seater bonnet was def grey.

Dyer3200

Obviously grey not black - does appear to be good value (unless you are in the trade)

Not seeing a Bianco one at £60k on AT link ?

Ewan

White ones start at £55k. And that's asking price - from a dealer. So if you live in Essex, you're in luck.

Andyk

So many adverts say 5+ owners these days.......So fecking annoying.......as it sounds less when you say it like that.......These type cars change hands regular so just say how many owners the cars had.

todea20

The v5 says clearly how many previous owners.I've had an slk55 with 9 previous owners and i thought i will never be able to re-sell this car but at the right price anything will go!
Autotrader says to select how many owners including yourself!The maximum you can select is 5+ so it can be 5 owners including the actual owner or sky is the limit:)

conaero

Forum Owner
As long as condition and servicing are correct does it really matter how many owners it’s had?

People who buy these types of cars don’t usually keep them more than 2 years so being 7 years old, 3-5 is about right.