Sat Nav Question...

Wanderer

After the sat nav CD has been loaded, can you remove it ie is the data in flash memory or something? Just wondering if the slot can be used for CD music payback and not affect Nav (which I never use much, but hey-ho).

CatmanV2

After the sat nav CD has been loaded, can you remove it ie is the data in flash memory or something? Just wondering if the slot can be used for CD music payback and not affect Nav (which I never use much, but hey-ho).

Which NIT do you have? Pete is almost certainly correct but I can check for you.

C

Wanderer

Which NIT do you have? Pete is almost certainly correct but I can check for you.

C

Its the one that uses Blaupunkt Nav CD, ive ejected it before and it seems to work but only tried the general position Nav, not route planning.

Suppose i should just try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatmanV2

Its the one that uses Blaupunkt Nav CD, ive ejected it before and it seems to work but only tried the general position Nav, not route planning.

Suppose i should just try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not :)

C

Wanderer

Tried, it doesn't work, asks for nav CD on start up of car. Works as a CD player tho but you have reselect it when you start car and it starts playing track one again from beginning each time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wanderer, that is exactly what my Exec does too. However in addition my son some years ago put in a CD while the satnav was in place. (Manic Street Preachers). I have the autochanger too which I have never used.
The CD was accepted and plays and I still have access to satnav!
Drawback is it is difficult to eject said CD as the satnav disc comes out first, then it is a bit hit or miss for the Manics!

midlifecrisis

If you have set a route in the satnav, the CD can be removed as the 4oute is loaded into the NITs memory and you can play music. I've done this but not diverted from the route so do not know what would occur if you fo.