Sat nav memory - top speed

P R

Noticed a feature by accident this evening. You may all know it's there but I didnt. If you press on the display where the gps speed is displayed it takes you to a screen with a large gps speed display, with total gps miles travelled and top gps speed.
I think you can reset this using the options but I was driving and didn't try it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

philw696

Don't get posting pictures of it as I believe it can be used as evidence against you.

MrMickS

Noticed a feature by accident this evening. You may all know it's there but I didnt. If you press on the display where the gps speed is displayed it takes you to a screen with a large gps speed display, with total gps miles travelled and top gps speed.
I think you can reset this using the options but I was driving and didn't try it.

That took you a while to find ;)

You can get all sorts of thing by pressing randomly on the various bits of the screen on the SatNav. The instructions leave a bit to be desired and its not exactly intuitive.

You're right, you can reset the speed from that screen at any point. My maximum speed was reached abroad on a road that would allow it. I've left it there for the moment.

Corranga

Not a concern for us 4200 owners, but I don't see how they could use it as evidence against you as there is no evidence to show where the speed was recorded. It could easily have been on a German Autobahn, racing track, or private land, or indeed simply a GPS glitch.

P R

I'll get me coat lol

No I wouldn't think they'd be able to prove where it was