Raceglaze 0ppm water purifier thingy

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
As many have mentioned above, this is just a ion exchange water filtration system, used by window cleaners up and down the land.

I would buy one of these http://www.windowcleaning-supplies.com/product/69lt-di-resin-vessel-0119832.html and one of these http://www.windowcleaning-supplies.com/product/10lt-resin-in-a-bucket-01196210U.html

More or less the same thing for the same price by the looks of things, Zep? Maybe a few quid less.

edit - the resin is quite a bit less expensive via your link. I assume it's the same stuff, near as dammit?

Zep

Even cheaper if you supply your own bucket. Raceglaze don't seem to publish what is in their resin (they have to supply a Material Safety Data Sheet by law if you want to find out) but every system I have read about uses the mixed base resin which is what this is.

I imagine a streak free dry is as important to window cleaners as it is to us.

It is a bit less as you get 10 litres of resin and you don't need to pay for the hose fittings, they are already on there. If you buy a second hand bottle like Jaast did then even cheaper.

You can also buy larger bottles if size is important to you

More or less the same thing for the same price by the looks of things, Zep? Maybe a few quid less.

edit - the resin is quite a bit less expensive via your link. I assume it's the same stuff, near as dammit?

I spoke to Raceglaze today and there are no deals to be had on this, which is a shame. It's why they only sell direct - there's not enough margin for suppliers to take a cut. Apparently they've been £99 for four years because £110 seems too high and would put people off. There's more margin in the refills.

On the basis that P&P is likely to go up imminently, if you want one then place your orders now. It's only a few quid and will probably go up by a fiver.

Worth a try. I had tried for half a dozen Porsche guys, but they did not move on price.
Asked if I got more interest, they replied there wasn't enough margin in it.

I didn't want to dampen efforts or enthusiasm.

A good product. Don't bother with their fittings - much cheaper at B&Q and Homebase.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Worth a try. I had tried for half a dozen Porsche guys, but they did not move on price.
Asked if I got more interest, they replied there wasn't enough margin in it.

I didn't want to dampen efforts or enthusiasm.

A good product. Don't bother with their fittings - much cheaper at B&Q and Homebase.

Yeah, that’s clearly where the profits are. The water quality meter was about 5x the Amazon price, from memory.

MrMickS

Just done my first rinse with it. Brilliant. No more drying smears. Did test it on the MiTo though so will use it on the others tomorrow evening.

MrPea

I've bought one of these from one of the window-cleaning suppliers. I got the 11l full of resin with hoselock fittings all included for £95. I was doing a bit on flow-rates and thought I may be just on the edge with a 7litre and my pressure washer. In Oxfordshire the water is so nasty! the 7l is £82 full and with fittings attached.

Well, now I've used it a few times and it's properly brilliant! I've been washing the Maser and not bothering with any drying and there are no water marks.

Shall I have a go to see if these guys would offer a group-buy or forum discount?

MrPea

I've dropped them a message and I expect I'll speak with them tomorrow. If there's possible mileage in a group deal then we'd be better off negotiating that first. Any individual purchases could dilute the ability for a deal.
If they say they can't do anything, I'll put the link up straight away as it's good value already.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
It feels so wrong to not dry... I’m scared of when it starts to run out of grunt and I’m treated to some world-class water stains as a reminder to refill the resin.

jayblue

It feels so wrong to not dry... I’m scared of when it starts to run out of grunt and I’m treated to some world-class water stains as a reminder to refill the resin.

Just buy one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/HM-Digital-TDS-EZ-Measurement-Resolution/dp/B002C0A7ZY) and you can test the water quality before you use it on the car. Once the water gets over 10ppm its time to think about changing the resin if you want a totally streak and stain free finish.

rockits

Cool, Nice work. Is this time limited & needs to be do asap or have I got a week to sort/place an order?