Proms

CatmanV2

Offer a free service and charge them for a photo by the car before you start. Simple.

Somehow I think a building full of very expensive lawyers being paid by the insurance companies would stop that one pretty rapidly. Could be wrong though!

C

MrMickS

Somehow I think a building full of very expensive lawyers being paid by the insurance companies would stop that one pretty rapidly. Could be wrong though!

C

Think you're probably right with that. It would be ok until you had a need to claim.

zagatoes30

So its OK to take people to proms for free but not to charge, how does that change the risk for insurance companies? I would have thought the biggest issue with Prom rides is child (and driver) protection. CRB checks and then the plus and minus points of internal cameras nightmare scenario how ever small

CatmanV2

Because if a passenger is paying, they have an expectation of a higher level of safety and protection

C

rockits

I like Dicky's idea best. There are loads of situations I am sure in the real world that utilise this kind of creative thinking with no issues.

I agree with Andy as well in that why is it OK to do it for free but when charged for it unlocks a whole raft of complications/issues? It makes no sense at all. The actual act and risks etc. are identical regardless of it being charged for or not. When you think about it it is likely to be much safer with better insurance when charged for as funds are there to pay for these kind of things. When done for free this could be reduced or non-existent. Surely that is then not a better situation.

The world is still going mad.