Proms

GeoffCapes

No just the time of year, it's prom season (mid june to early July)

I'd still wager more kids go to a prom than people get married.

And having Googled, there are just over 1.5 million 16 year olds, and only 247,000 got married last year in the UK.

If they all went to their Prom there would be 3 times as many going to Proms than getting married.

Wack61

Don't start me on ******* proms, £400 for a dress my daughter wore for 4 hours , £100 an hour, a friends daughter refused to go, ripped it off in her bedroom because she thought it made her look fat , at least my son still has the suit he wore

midlifecrisis

Don't start me on ******* proms, £400 for a dress my daughter wore for 4 hours , £100 an hour, a friends daughter refused to go, ripped it off in her bedroom because she thought it made her look fat , at least my son still has the suit he wore

There's too much unnecessary peer pressure, and no doubt today's personality obsessed media culture to blame too. Ban them.

Just go to the pub

philw696

I just did one down here.
Well my partner did as I can't drive still.
Lovely family took loads of pictures on the front lawn etc.
Fed us a fantastic meal.
I was happy to do it 200 kilometer round trip stretched the legs of the 4200.
Bonus was opening the thank you card when we got home :)

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds great, Phil. But of a win all round, really.

I’ve got a prom-run for my nephew on Friday. He lives right across the road from the school, so could probably walk it quicker. We’ll go for a a rumble round the block first, make it worthwhile. Best clean Le Mans off, first.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I'm doing one on Monday next week for a mate's daughter. Done a couple before and it's great to see how much the kids enjoy it.

Wack61

A friend has asked me to take his daughter and her friend to a prom in June, not a problem legally as no money is being exchanged but it did make me think of this thread

Are these operating illegally then , it says they have 30 supercars so I assume they're privately owned with the owners making a few quid

Contigo

Sponsor
A friend has asked me to take his daughter and her friend to a prom in June, not a problem legally as no money is being exchanged but it did make me think of this thread

Are these operating illegally then , it says they have 30 supercars so I assume they're privately owned with the owners making a few quid

Yep chancers, ignore of the law is no excuse. Just imagine their faces when VOSA turn up to the prom (they do, I've seen them!) and impound a vehicle for not being licensed.....

midlifecrisis

Instead of a hiring out your car for a prom as said above, do a deal with the school for 'photo with a supercar'. No driven passengers, no need for insurance, job done.

Contigo

Sponsor
It's about them arriving in style as much as it is about them actually making the local rag "prom week in pictures" section.

CatmanV2

It's about them arriving in style as much as it is about them actually making the local rag "prom week in pictures" section.

Where shall we take this photo then? Oh at the prom? Hop in I'll give you a lift....

(Yes yes, I know)

C