Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Bumper Overhaul

If I bring mine round can you do mine?

I know Canvey well having grown up in Wickford, played footy all over Canvey and then worked there before I moved to Ashford.
    Gran Turismo Sport MC Shift in Blu Nettuno

Previous Italian Mistresses
    Maserati 4200 in Grigio Nuvolari
    Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 JTDM in Nero
    Alfa Romeo 155 2.0 TS in Rosso
    Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 TS in Nero
    Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 TS in Blu

And I'm not the real Geoff Capes! My name is Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex B View Post
    Hi looks good, what colour code is the mercury and is it a base coat with a 2 pack clear coat finish. Also what gun do you use as I am interested in at least being able to refurbish my wheels and perhaps the front bumper on the old 3200.

Rex B
    I've got code 226679 for Grigio Mercury. Yes the base is 1:1 with 2k thinners followed by 2k clear. I use a pretty cheap Sealey gun (S701G) I bought off Amazon. If I knew I'd be painting as much as I have over the last couple of years I would have bought a half decent DeVilbiss or something but the Sealey has done everything I needed it to do. But if you're doing just a couple of paint jobs a year, you can't really justify spending £100 on a spray gun. Mine was about £30 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCapes View Post
    If I bring mine round can you do mine?

I know Canvey well having grown up in Wickford, played footy all over Canvey and then worked there before I moved to Ashford.
    Sorry, I can't be messing with other people's stuff. I don't mind risking my own car but I'd hate to mess up on someone else's pride and joy. Besides, I'd take twice as long as a professional so it probably wouldn't be any cheaper and not as good either keeping in mind I don't have a booth like them.

Preliminary inspection, probably my best effort yet. A few specs of **** here and there, which is unavoidable when you're just using your garage, but they're easily removed once cured. I'll reassemble in a few days and take some pics when its back on the car. Time for a well earned beer.

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

Yup, I think that's a well-earned beer. Enjoy.
    Michael
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current: Quattroporte Executive GT, Nuvolari

Gone but not forgotten: Alfasud Sprints, Ritmo 105TC, Alfetta GTV6, Lancia Y10 turbo, Alfa Romeo 164, 156, 166, one CitroŽn C6 and a Peugeot 205

Colour match good???

Current:
    2011 Maserati Stradale, 2006 Alfa Brera 2.4 JTDm, 1969 Opel GT, 2017 Range Rover Evoque (daily workhorse)

Past Masters:
    2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2005 Alfa Spider 3.2 V6, 1999 Alfa GTV TS, 2004 Alfa GTV 3.2V6, 2001 Maserati 3200 GT, 2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2008 GranTurismo S MC-Shift, 2002 Maserati Spyder, 2007 Alfa GT JTD

Quote Originally Posted by Conaero View Post
    Colour match good???
    Haven't held it up to the bonnet yet. The colour was originally matched to the washer cover on the bumper though so it 'should' be the same. I'll wait for it to cure some more before I handle it.

Top job that man !

Looks good from here.

Just put the bumper in situ to check the match and I can't say I'm not happy with that.

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

Excellent result - you've obviously sprayed before. What equipment are you using?
    Moz
    current: Granturismo S MC-Shift, Nero Carbonio/Rosso Corallo,
    past: 3200 GTA, Grigio Alfieri/Bordeaux; 4200 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Rosso Mondiale/Avorio, lowered to GS spec, SS wheel bolts, GS boot spoiler.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast