Newbie from West Sussex

ScaldedCat

Staff member
Hello all

I'm not totally new to Maserati, bought a 63 plate GT Sport (Grigio Granito, cream leather with black alcantara) late last summer and oh my how I love this car. Loved my previous car (Jag XKR) too but this car is more........ well its just MORE! I have a serious case of Maserati Grin Syndrome which is getting worse all the time.
Anyway thought I'd sign up finally as this is a great forum, you seem like a civilised bunch, and its nice to find one that doesn't descend into a slanging match after 3 posts.
Well its a reasonable day here so I'm off to do a lot more smiling.

safrane

Welcome to the fold.

Plenty of fellow members round your area so hopefully you and the car will become known to us soon.

Enjoy the car and do share a photo or two.

midlifecrisis

Welcome to the forum, great moniker. Is that how you drive?

Obviously, the requests will be for photos so I'll start.

Photos please

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, welcome! Sounds like a lovely spec car, and you're in good company down that way. Well, fairly good. Good-ish.

ScaldedCat

Staff member
Thanks for the welcomes.
Driving like a scalded cat happens only on a nice warm dry day. Attempts to do likewise on wet ones result in wayward back end, attempts on cold wet days result in trying to go back the way we've just come! All this prompted a review of the weight of my (obviously not so) dainty right foot a bit quick. So now when its rubbish weather I drive like a learner and have to let kiddies in Corsas with the Channel Tunnel for an exhaust drive past. Upsetting! Not sure these Pirellis work.
Anyway I will do pics as soon as poss.

CatmanV2

On the Hastingwood roundabout this evening, the GT gently reminded me that rear tyres were needed :)

Welcome, Scaldedcat. I hope we won't fall out :D

C

ScaldedCat

Staff member
Loud car in a quiet colour. And I know, I know its not loud compared to you X and H pipers out there but its loud enough for me! Its a big change from a whispering Jag but I really enjoy this glorious sound.
Are there many other lady drivers on here?

conaero

Forum Owner
Welcome SC lovely car.

Yes civilised 99% of the time on here but we do like a bit of banter so just take it all tonge in cheek and you’ll find them a great bunch!

In Chichester myself, well inbetween Chi and Emsworth look out for a white Strad giving you the thumbs up (or a black Evoque on a work day)

Contigo

Sponsor
Welcome to the fold, get yourself to one of the meets and meet us crazy trident blokes (and gals!).

ScaldedCat

Staff member
Thanks everyone.
No worries on the banter front, I'm no delicate flower. There's plenty of it where I'm from, mostly what is generally called earthy.
Vampyrebat I think the Maser makes the Jag look skinny. We've kept it and is currently 'resting' awaiting some tlc.
Would love to come to a meet at some point, I'm flat out at work for at least another month and will keep an eye on the events bit for something after then.