White Van T**T

Even as a non traffic branch officer, it's usually very easy to work out who's done what to who in any traffic accident. The combination of immediate short statements under caution into your notebook, skid marks, damage, debris and where the vehicles come to rest makes cause and effect pretty obvious.
Many police forces are prosecuting more often and judges are handing down increased penalties where mobile phone use has contributed. That said, where there aren't injuries caused, it's likely to be points and a fine. If there were serious injuries, the driver might get a suspended sentence, which could seriously screw up his life, but I think only in cases of death would a custodial sentence be given. I believe, such is the pressure of numbers in prisons, judges are encouraged not to jail where possible.
Usually, so called professional drivers are anything but. Trouble is, once your carelessness kills, prevention goes out the window. Sadly, defensive driving is understood and practiced by only a tiny minority of drivers.
Am absolutely gutted to see the actions of a f##kwit do so much damage to such iconic cars.
There, but for the grace of whichever deity you hold dear, go each of us :/

zagatoes30

An Esprit V8 is one of my itches to scratch but I keep convincing myself it won't be as good as it looks

Rwc13

Trust me, an Esprit V8 would not disappoint. Still fast by today's standards, and they handle really well when properly set up. Also surprisingly practical. I had a late car that was effectively final edition specced from the factory including with twin central exhaust exit. It sounded epic. Owned it twice and would love it as a keeper if I could still drive a manual. Prices of good ones have been steadily heading north too. If a price correction is coming, could be a good time to buy.

safrane

I was run off the road this morning buy Mr White van Man... sailed across the two lanes of the entry slip road of the M32 oblivious to my presence in his NS...fortunately the 4x4 I was in did the cross country bit to decent effect. Had in been the GS two new wheels and tyres would have been req.

Passed him later as he drank his coffee at the wheel doing 60 in the centre lane despite the road being empty at 05:45. K n o b.

FIFTY

Only if there are >7.5t laden weight

Oh and nothing has a limit of 65, it's either 70 or 60
C

Did they change it? They told me in a "speed awareness" course last year. Although the course is horse ****

The only awareness I got from the course is how little my peers on the course knew about the highway code!

CatmanV2

Did they change it since last year?

They told me in a "speed awareness" course

The only awareness I got from the course is how little my peers on the course knew about the highway code!

I don't believe there's ever been a -5 speed limit in the UK, but I did a course in August and it certainly wasn't flagged then. May be your course leader was ****? ;)

C

Gazcw

An Esprit V8 is one of my itches to scratch but I keep convincing myself it won't be as good as it looks

GT3 is a 2.2 turbo. Performance is pretty much the same as v8 due to weight. Downside is noise is just not the same.

Gazcw

Looks more like a V8 to me with those wheels and the twin exhausts. Still a very rare car

Defo GT3. Wheels are some limited edition piece of kit apparently that people offer silly money for and stainless exhaust no cats. Throws flames regularly which look great going through Rouen tunnel.

Corranga

:( 2 lovely cars there. The Europa is potentially even rarer, or at least potentially more difficult to repair due to parts availability (some Esprit parts would be shares with other Esprit's which are more common)

allandwf

Always a pity to see this sort of thing, but no one hurt hopefully. I'll defer judgement as you can only guess from pictures.

zagatoes30

Trust me, an Esprit V8 would not disappoint. Still fast by today's standards, and they handle really well when properly set up. Also surprisingly practical. I had a late car that was effectively final edition specced from the factory including with twin central exhaust exit. It sounded epic. Owned it twice and would love it as a keeper if I could still drive a manual. Prices of good ones have been steadily heading north too. If a price correction is coming, could be a good time to buy.

Not helpful ;)

You were supposed to tell me they were a pile of rubbish all looks and no go etc, etc. etc.

Still fancy one but it would have to be a V8

Gazcw

Not helpful ;)

You were supposed to tell me they were a pile of rubbish all looks and no go etc, etc. etc.

Still fancy one but it would have to be a V8

Downside is how you look as you roll out of it. Especially with long legs.

Andyk

Yep, they ain't easy to get out of but then I'm only a short *** so didn't have a problem when I had mine but compared to my Elise and Exige it was a dream to get in and out of. V8 Esprit is still a great car. Friend has had a Sport 350 and it just awesome.

zagatoes30

Yep, they ain't easy to get out of but then I'm only a short *** so didn't have a problem when I had mine but compared to my Elise and Exige it was a dream to get in and out of. V8 Esprit is still a great car. Friend has had a Sport 350 and it just awesome.

Vertically compact thats me, so ling legs not a concern

Andyk

You'll be fine Andy....Without being rude You and I would never be mistaken for 007 in an Esprit.