Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Identifying GranTurismo gearbox variants

Actually I think it makes it a much better drive as you can keep it up above 3-4k and in the band, changing up in advance while keeping the throttle steady

YMMV

C
    The Catman formerly known as an Alfisti.
    '07 Maserati GT (Grigio Palladio), 147 TS

Having had both Autoshift and standard gearboxes, the upgrade does make a difference when pressing on. The gearshifts feel much more enthusiastic when changing up and the little blip on changing down is great (especially with an x pipe ). There is no difference in auto.
    David

Blu sofisticato Granturismo Sport Auto
    Audi TTS - less than sensible daily driver but it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Doohickey View Post
    Having had both Autoshift and standard gearboxes, the upgrade does make a difference when pressing on. The gearshifts feel much more enthusiastic when changing up and the little blip on changing down is great (especially with an x pipe ). There is no difference in auto.
    That's useful, thanks. Whilst i have owned a GTS Auto for seven years and have driven an MC Shift car, I have never driven an Auto MC. So basically the differences are only in Sport Manual?
    2011 GranTurismo GTS Auto - 50,000 miles coming up this year, a truly complete car
    2005 4200GT - loved it despite everyone saying the manual was shite
    1999 3200GT - liked a lot of it but honestly never got on with the steering

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob View Post
    That's useful, thanks. Whilst i have owned a GTS Auto for seven years and have driven an MC Shift car, I have never driven an Auto MC. So basically the differences are only in Sport Manual?
    No - the benefits are apparent in Sport Auto as well as it changes down more on its own as you are braking. In my original comment, I meant in standard mode since I rarely drive it in Sport Auto! The noise is incredible - it seems odd but you can hear the valves opening and closing as you approach 3000 revs in auto so it’s louder but the valves seem open all the time when its in manual.
    David

Blu sofisticato Granturismo Sport Auto
    Audi TTS - less than sensible daily driver but it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Doohickey View Post
    No - the benefits are apparent in Sport Auto as well as it changes down more on its own as you are braking. In my original comment, I meant in standard mode since I rarely drive it in Sport Auto! The noise is incredible - it seems odd but you can hear the valves opening and closing as you approach 3000 revs in auto so itís louder but the valves seem open all the time when its in manual.
    OK I don't drive mine in Sport Auto either. Normally if it is Normal Auto or Sport manual if the road is clear and compelling!
    2011 GranTurismo GTS Auto - 50,000 miles coming up this year, a truly complete car
    2005 4200GT - loved it despite everyone saying the manual was shite
    1999 3200GT - liked a lot of it but honestly never got on with the steering

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123