Identifying GranTurismo gearbox variants

CatmanV2

Actually I think it makes it a much better drive as you can keep it up above 3-4k and in the band, changing up in advance while keeping the throttle steady

YMMV

C

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Having had both Autoshift and standard gearboxes, the upgrade does make a difference when pressing on. The gearshifts feel much more enthusiastic when changing up and the little blip on changing down is great (especially with an x pipe :biggrin:). There is no difference in auto.

bigbob

Having had both Autoshift and standard gearboxes, the upgrade does make a difference when pressing on. The gearshifts feel much more enthusiastic when changing up and the little blip on changing down is great (especially with an x pipe :biggrin:). There is no difference in auto.

That's useful, thanks. Whilst i have owned a GTS Auto for seven years and have driven an MC Shift car, I have never driven an Auto MC. So basically the differences are only in Sport Manual?

Doohickey

Velociraptor
That's useful, thanks. Whilst i have owned a GTS Auto for seven years and have driven an MC Shift car, I have never driven an Auto MC. So basically the differences are only in Sport Manual?

No - the benefits are apparent in Sport Auto as well as it changes down more on its own as you are braking. In my original comment, I meant in standard mode since I rarely drive it in Sport Auto! The noise is incredible - it seems odd but you can hear the valves opening and closing as you approach 3000 revs in auto so it’s louder but the valves seem open all the time when its in manual.

bigbob

No - the benefits are apparent in Sport Auto as well as it changes down more on its own as you are braking. In my original comment, I meant in standard mode since I rarely drive it in Sport Auto! The noise is incredible - it seems odd but you can hear the valves opening and closing as you approach 3000 revs in auto so it's louder but the valves seem open all the time when its in manual.

OK I don't drive mine in Sport Auto either. Normally if it is Normal Auto or Sport manual if the road is clear and compelling!

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
A GT Sport can be MC Autoshift, which are the vast majority of the cars. MC Shifts can be found but are rare, because people bought the auto as it’s so good.

V8Hunter

A GT Sport can be MC Autoshift, which are the vast majority of the cars. MC Shifts can be found but are rare, because people bought the auto as it's so good.

If looking at the facelift do you think an MC Shift is less desirable then?

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
There are fewer of them so when new, it was obviously less desirable. If you do happen to buy one, it will be rarer and therefore always have a following as they’re hard to find.