Wife's Birthday so bought myself a present!

rockits

There are two things I've never been over enamoured with on the 4200 so decided to make a slight & subtle improvement.

f76ed1b28634e9395a24e98685a31523.jpg
3ba73e446b76a1be8b5ec3e42b9b7b48.jpg

D Walker

Good stuff, when I get my paddles back from Zep I think I will get them Carbon dipped....

I was moments away from buying those, if James had replied quicker, twice you have pipped me now....

rockits

Sorry mate

I had already sneakily PM'd Alistair straight away on the quiet as knew I had to move fast. Gotta be quick to beat me Dave. I move very very fast when I know & see what I want.

EnzoMC

thats going to look great - I also was thinking about getting the paddles but removing an airbag / explosive...hmmm. would be in interested to see how easy this is to swap out

D Walker

What, I thought it was just 4 Allen head bolts, I've a new set of paddles that are GT size to get dipped. If that's the case I may get my friendly not very local garage in Manchester fit them. Lol.

CatmanV2

What, I thought it was just 4 Allen head bolts, I've a new set of paddles that are GT size to get dipped. If that's the case I may get my friendly not very local garage in Manchester fit them. Lol.

On a 4200? Been a while but pretty sure you can do it with the wheel in place

C

rockits

I thought it was easy too. Reminds me I need to ask Voicey nicely if he will do both for me when it is in for a service next month. I can do it but have less than zero time at the moment & for the foreseeable future.

CatmanV2

I thought it was easy too. Reminds me I need to ask Voicey nicely if he will do both for me when it is in for a service next month. I can do it but have less than zero time at the moment & for the foreseeable future.

Bring it here. I'll do it in an hour tops. All you need to do is engine on, turn the wheel so you can see one of the paddle mounts, replace. Repeat on other side.

C

D Walker

That's what I thought. Didn't think there was anything to engineerie to it.
Must be same for GS.

rockits

I'll get Voicey to do steering wheel as well just in case it needs airbag reset or something.

Paddles are easy for any reasonably competent wrencher to do.

CatmanV2

I'll get Voicey to do steering wheel as well just in case it needs airbag reset or something.

Paddles are easy for any reasonably competent wrencher to do.

If you turn the battery off, you won't need to reset the airbag.

C

rockits

Thanks C....if I get time before next month I'll get them on. With the garage to do & an office to close/move & 3 vehicles to sell I feel I have my work cut out over the next month or so.

CatmanV2

Thanks C....if I get time before next month I'll get them on. With the garage to do & an office to close/move & 3 vehicles to sell I feel I have my work cut out over the next month or so.

The airbag uses dotted torx fixings. I have a set of them here. We can do them at the same time....

C

rockits

Is dotted torx fixings the technical term?

I affectionately know them as security torx fixings. Well that is what we understand them as in the access control world.

Does make me laugh a bit when they use these on access control wall readers outside. Fitted some at the weekend on an install. As if a thief wouldn't be able to get hold of them that easily without 20 questions and 10 forms of ID.