What’s this panel for on the GranTurismo door?

Doohickey

Velociraptor
From a quick gander at some examples on Autotrader it looks like the earlier Sports have this and later ones don't. Not sure of the crossover but my 2014 reg car does have them in the doors.

conaero

Forum Owner
Thought I knew a lot about the GranTurismo but didn't know that.

Indeed Bob...still learning too!

One thing I do know that is very rare is that the early Sports could be purchased with the MC box. Only ever seen 2.

bigbob

One thing I do know that is very rare is that the early Sports could be purchased with the MC box. Only ever seen 2.

Yep by then I think they talked people who wanted the MC box into upgrading to the Stradale.

mattjevans

Didn't know that was rare. I have one - 4.7L with MC, 58 plate (well it was until I put the personal on).

Clearly very very valuable and won't depreciate below what I paid for it. I'm now absolutely sure...

bigbob

Didn't know that was rare. I have one - 4.7L with MC, 58 plate (well it was until I put the personal on).

Clearly very very valuable and won't depreciate below what I paid for it. I'm now absolutely sure...

No mate he is talking about the MC gearbox on the Sport (late 2012 onwards). There are loads of MC box pre facelift cars! Think it is about 50:50 with autos for the GTS. They are all rare mind.

murph7355

There are a lot more than 2. I believe about 10% of Sport numbers were the MC box, so something like 40 or so.

The autobox in the sport is so good, and well suited to the car (mostly) that it's not really surprising there were so few MCs (clutch changes etc etc).

The caveat is the one thing "wrong" with the Sport's automatic box are the gear ratios. Very poorly stacked.