Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3200GT 20th anniversary (12-14 october 2018)

As you probably know, in October, it will be 20 years since the maserati 3200gt has been presented to the "mondial de Paris".

We organise with our club (french website maseratitude) an event in october to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of the 3200gt.
    The first gathering of maserati 3200gt from all over Europa, in the Bade Wurtemberg region (Germany) to enjoy the beautiful road through the black forest, from October 12th till 14th.

Registration begun monday, and we already have guest from all over Europa (Germany, Swiss, France, Belgium, Norway...).

https://www.wetravel.com/trips/maser...baden-73252782

SportsMaserati.com Moderator Contigo's Avatar
    Will post it on the Maserati 3200GT page on Facebook.
    Phil

"Una Maserati č una roba per pochi"

Current Fleet: 4.7 GTS MC Shift with Larini Sports Cats and ASBO H-pipe , 3200GTA, Mk1 Golf GTI 1.8 , Eunos Roadster, Audi A3 TQS Track (Tracy) Toy.
    Past Masters: 3200GT, Quattroporte DS, BMW E61 M5, Audi RS4 B5 Avant, Audi RS4 B7 , Lotus Elise S1, Celica GT-4, Eunos V-spec, Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000, Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6.

Thank you.

Can you elaborate on what you plan to do at this event? It seems interesting that we should do some thing for the anniversary, i am just not sure what you have planned here?

Quote Originally Posted by gemini View Post

As you probably know, in October, it will be 20 years since the maserati 3200gt has been presented to the "mondial de Paris".

We organise with our club (french website maseratitude) an event in october to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of the 3200gt.
    The first gathering of maserati 3200gt from all over Europa, in the Bade Wurtemberg region (Germany) to enjoy the beautiful road through the black forest, from October 12th till 14th.

Registration begun monday, and we already have guest from all over Europa (Germany, Swiss, France, Belgium, Norway...).

https://www.wetravel.com/trips/maser...baden-73252782
    Current - 3200 GTA, Yeti, V8 Land cruiser,
    Previous cars - TVR Chimeara 4.5HO, TVR S2, 5.0l Mustang, Jag XJ, racing Hillman Imp.

Quote Originally Posted by davy83 View Post
    Can you elaborate on what you plan to do at this event? It seems interesting that we should do some thing for the anniversary, i am just not sure what you have planned here?
    I'd by interested too

Dave

Hi Davy.
    The idea came up two months ago on the french forum.
    The car was presented at the mondial de Paris in october 98, why not do a gathering to celebrate the anniversary in october 2018?
    Quickly, it became evident that the mondial de Paris will not be the better place to organise such an event (I don't know about you, but I'm not so fond of endless traffic jams) and, anyway, it seems that maserati will not even be there this year.

I looked for a place rather central in Europa, relatively easy to reach, interesting to visit and with nice road.
    The german Bade Wurtemberg, specifically the Black Forest, looked promising and it was decided to organise the meeting there (like I used to say, it's esqually far for everyone).

The 3200gt is relatively unknow in the general public, such an event could shed light on a well deserving car. Imagine tens of 3200GT driving together, it will be quite an event!
    And, maybe, if some of us are able to finish the trip without incident (who knows?), it will put an end to the bad reputation of our car.

Joke aside, bellow, the detail of the complete program (it's a copy and paste from the link provided). It's a non-profit organisation, the cost is the true cost.

Friday 12 october
    Meeting

Checking in at the Radisson Blu Karlsruhe (from 5PM); arrival and registration of the participants.
    At 7PM, we'll have a drink together and grab a bite to eat (standing dinner buffet, from 7PM to 10PM) at the atrium.

You'll receive your welcome pack and we'll have the opportunity to meet each other.

Saturday 13 october
    Driving the D500 (and various roads)

After the breakfast buffet (07:00-09:30), we will start a enjoyable drive through the black forest .

Following your roadbook, or your fellow maseratisti, along the marvelous roads of Bade Wurtemberg, you'll arrive at the Andreas Männle winery.
    We will start with an aperitif in their modern barrique cellar and do a small tour through the winery before the wines tasting. Local food will be serve during the tasting and you will have plenty of time to enjoy the place.
    From there, we'll follow the iconic D500 through the Black Forest to Baden Baden.
    Free visit of the spa town (you'll find some indication about the interesting places to see in your roadbook).

In the evening, we'll have the dinner at the Werners restaurant, one michelin star restaurant in the lovely setting of the Schloss Eberstein.

Back to the Radisson Blu Karlsruhe for the night.

Sunday 14 october
    Auto und technik Museum Sinsheim

After the breakfast at the hotel, we'll drive to our final destination, the Auto und technik museum in Sinsheim.

Only place in the world where you can see not one, but two supersonic passenger aicraft, the Concorde AND the Tupolev Tu-144, both fully accessible.
    You'll find hundreds of vintage cars, sports cars, dragsters, Formula-1 legends, steam locomotives and a lot more.
    The Self-Service lunch and beverage can be chosen by the members of the group on the day of the visit from the museum restaurant’s daily offering.

End of the meting.

I hope it's a little bit more clear now.

Nicolas

Wow what a Great Idea and that sounds to be a Wonderful weekend.
    Ex Technician for Wanganui Motors Ford and Mazda.
    Technician for Fredco Automasters Auckland.
    Technician for Auckland Maserati and Lotus in New Zealand March 2015 to July 2016.
    On my second 4200 cambio corsa brought over to NZ.
    Current fleet:
    Maserati 4200 cambio corsa MY 2004.
    Range Rover Vogue 2008 4.4 Comfy Daily.
    1977 Daimler Sovereign XJC 4.2 one of only 2 in New Zealand.
    1976 Mini Clubman 1275 on the road project.
    1994 Mini Cooper on the road for www.porkpie,co.nz
    2010 BMW G450X Enduro Bike for exercise
    1976 Kawasaki Z1000.
    1973 Raleigh Chopper 3 Speed in orange.

SportsMaserati.com Moderator Contigo's Avatar
    If i still had mine I would be very tempted!!!
    Phil

"Una Maserati č una roba per pochi"

Current Fleet: 4.7 GTS MC Shift with Larini Sports Cats and ASBO H-pipe , 3200GTA, Mk1 Golf GTI 1.8 , Eunos Roadster, Audi A3 TQS Track (Tracy) Toy.
    Past Masters: 3200GT, Quattroporte DS, BMW E61 M5, Audi RS4 B5 Avant, Audi RS4 B7 , Lotus Elise S1, Celica GT-4, Eunos V-spec, Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000, Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6.

I’m in... like 8 other 3200 owners

Quote Originally Posted by Contigo View Post
    If i still had mine I would be very tempted!!!
    Likewise.
    60/75 Sadly now sold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast