GS Non-sport mode

MrMickS

Unsurprisingly the banana is in permanent Sport mode, mainly because I hate the 'soft' gear change and there's little difference in exhaust noise regardless of whether the valves are open or not. What I'd love is the option to switch to the softer suspension setting with everything else left in Sport mode.

They did listen for the newer cars. Nah, Maserati listening, that can't be right, wash my mouth out. The Ghibli/QP VI can toggle suspension and everything else independently if you've got Skyhook.

Not that it helps, I'm just being smug ;)

Last edited:

MAF260

They did listen for the newer cars. Nah, Maserati listening, that can't be right, wash my mouth out. The Ghibli/QP VI can toggle suspension and everything else independently if you've got Skyhook.

Not that it helps, I'm just being smug ;)

I had the same smugness with my Ghibli, just wish I could retrospectively apply it to my GS!

Contigo

Sponsor
Exactly like Ferrari did, they have the soft road setting (shock absorber button) on the newer cars and you can have it in SPORT mode but with the bumpy road setting on and it just dials out a bit of the harshness out of the ride. Very welcome...

FIFTY

After over two years of ownership I have only recently fixed the SPORTS mode on my 4200... turns out they "sports suspension" was switched off within the cars internal settings

Anyway I have a manual so it only hardens up the dampers, for driving around under 30-40mph I prefer it switched off as it is more forgiving on harsh roads and I find that the body roll makes it more fun to drive slowly.

Driving at pace or on the motorway I prefer the Sports on - as the 03-04 4200 has a softer set up than the GS it feels like a boat with the sports off on the motorway the squat and dive is ridiculous it makes me feel nauseous.

Although the first thing I noticed once the sports was fixed and I pointed that car at some twisty country roads is that it does push to under steer on the initial turn in - nothing some FD springs and ARB's won't fix XD