4200 Facelift floor mats

Delmonte

I'm not over keen on my carpet mats (first world problems eh). It's the plastic sections where you put yer feet, although practical and hard wearing, I expected something more luxurious. Such as something like the ones in my GTV, full carpet with fetching monograms perhaps. At first I thought my car didn't even have mats, as they blend to the carpet so well and have that plastic.

Anyway... I've seen some purporting to be originals, on the Electronic Bay, in various colours sold by something called Modena. I'm considering investing.
What's the deal with mats? Was full carpet an option or something? Are these Modena ones fake? Are mine fake?!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard that Autostyle mats are very good. I just ordered some this morning. £60 for the fronts.

Vampyrebat

I got these from ebay for £17 for the winter seasons and they are perfectly fine. All you need to do is use originals for template to cut out the stud holes and use existing studs or buy some new ones. I am not keen on the OEM ones as they look cheap (but they aren't)!
WP_20160205_16_30_49_Pro.jpg

Spartacus

Can you buy the round plastic clips from anywhere? I've go two missing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vampyrebat

I bought 10 new clips from Ross at Meridian Modena, I think they were around £20 with the discount we get. He has them in stock normally. I use these after market mats in the winter so I don't wreck my other good ones!

FIFTY

I need to get a new set of front mats at some point, the back of the fronts is starting to deteriorate. I have the same colour as Vampyrebat but am tempted to go with a black set for some contrast against the all grey interior (also harder wearing)

Delmonte, I would avoid buying from Modena on e-bay their parts are marked up heavily the parts department at the Maserati local dealership will be cheaper than them (try Meridian Modena and mention the forum). I think they are geared up more for more far flung markets where the dealerships are more expensive.

Regarding the heel pads on the carpets, personally I would opt for them as they really do protect the carpet underneath especially if you wear sharp heel shoes to drive or have passengers who wear heels. if you wear soft shoes in the car all the time then go for it.

Vampyrebat

Hi Shoghi...............Sorry I couldn't PM you the photo's of the J F Customs leather gearstick gaiter, so as I said I'll put them here. What ever colour leather and stitching
WP_20180518_10_27_31_Pro.jpgWP_20180518_10_27_54_Pro.jpg

Delmonte

I need to get a new set of front mats at some point, the back of the fronts is starting to deteriorate. I have the same colour as Vampyrebat but am tempted to go with a black set for some contrast against the all grey interior (also harder wearing)

Delmonte, I would avoid buying from Modena on e-bay their parts are marked up heavily the parts department at the Maserati local dealership will be cheaper than them (try Meridian Modena and mention the forum). I think they are geared up more for more far flung markets where the dealerships are more expensive.

Regarding the heel pads on the carpets, personally I would opt for them as they really do protect the carpet underneath especially if you wear sharp heel shoes to drive or have passengers who wear heels. if you wear soft shoes in the car all the time then go for it.

Yeah I get this Modena lot seem dead expensive, I lol'd at the price of their gransport grilles, over double what I paid. But it does seem the full carpet mats are legit

CatmanV2

Yeah I get this Modena lot seem dead expensive, I lol'd at the price of their gransport grilles, over double what I paid. But it does seem the full carpet mats are legit

Don't confuse Modena on ebay in Germany who are extraordinarily over priced, with Meridien Modena who are not only not, but also give a forum discount!

C

Delmonte

A belated update on this, if anyone is interested, I now have clarity. The all-carpet mats are still available, it’s just that they are only listed as pre-2005 facelift parts. They are however identical in every respect, and come complete with the clips that go straight in the clips on your floor.
Another huge advantage is they are only about £60, which is less than half the price of the part plastic ones listed for the facelift car.
A big thankyou to Ross at Meridien for ordering a set of these before payment, and field testing them on a car before I had to commit - and for the 10% forum discount!
Final Score: Meridian 1, Eurospares 0

Tamariini

Are 4200 floor mats same to 3200 mats? I need new ones on mine in light gray colour and for LHD car.

TimR

Autostyle mats done to customer specs..(4200 in this case)
Pretty sure they have the 3200 patterns on file...!

Attachments

• 4200 mat.jpg
    4200 mat.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 36