Ceramic coating QP GTS

Hurricane52

I'd like to get our QP and possibly my Ghibli protected with a ceramic coating. Anyone know a detailer who uses the right stuff and might be willing to travel to South Wales to do it? Free accommodation to a recommended person.

Failing that, is there somewhere I could get it done in a day?

Andyk

Not sure if these do what you want but they have a great reputation and may be worth a call. They have worked on some stunning cars and had great feedback as a result. They are in Chepstow....

http://www.ti22.co.uk

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Stuart at F1 Wax will travel and did an amazing job coating mine with a silicon-carbon nano thingy. SiCarbon+ something or other. Lovely bloke, too. He’s based in Essex but works all over and I’m fairly sure he was in Bristol recently, so part-way at least! Have a look at him on Instagram to get a sense of his work.

Hurricane52

Stuart at F1 Wax will travel and did an amazing job coating mine with a silicon-carbon nano thingy. SiCarbon+ something or other. Lovely bloke, too. He’s based in Essex but works all over and I’m fairly sure he was in Bristol recently, so part-way at least! Have a look at him on Instagram to get a sense of his work.
Thanks - funnily enough we’re doing a similar journey home today - Kent to Southend to Cardigan. I’ll be extra careful in Essex - it’s the only place I ever got caught speeding on a motorway, way back when. I had just swapped my Mk2 MG Midget for my first company car- a Renault GTA V6 Turbo. I had no idea cars actually went that fast. 106mph on the brakes on the M25 yielded a 2 week ban.

Silvercat

Had my QP coated with Ceramic Pro 9h last year by a guy in Manchester but it takes much longer than a day if you need to prep the paint surface before applying eg. Clay barring and removing old swirls and 'cob webs' . My car was in the Ceramic Pro Garage for a week. All in it cost me £1000 and came out looking like new.

Hurricane52

Had my QP coated with Ceramic Pro 9h last year by a guy in Manchester but it takes much longer than a day if you need to prep the paint surface before applying eg. Clay barring and removing old swirls and 'cob webs' . My car was in the Ceramic Pro Garage for a week. All in it cost me £1000 and came out looking like new.
Thanks - maybe I’m being overprotective hoping it could be home safe and sound in a day. I guess a proper job deserves some quality time.

sionie1

I’ve had both the Ceramic Pro and my previous GC and Gtechniq crystal serum on my current GC. Worth every penny but realistically a few days work. I’d say get a full paint correction treatment otherwise you’re only sealing in the swirls etc. ( I did this on my first white one but as the dealer did my current one I didn’t get the chance) Both the official websites have detailers search options. Remember to factor in the annual top up for both these systems, it’s not a lot but needs to be done.

CLRut

Thanks - maybe I’m being overprotective hoping it could be home safe and sound in a day. I guess a proper job deserves some quality time.

I had my Strad done at Reep Midlands in Leicester - not near to you, but that's actually not the key issue. Take your time to find someone who is GTechniq certified, and set aside at least 2-3 days for the car to be done properly. If the serum is applied properly, it needs curing time so any rushing of this wont do a decent job. The outcome is well worth the wait however.

Hurricane52

All booked in at ti22 near Chepstow in a couple of weeks - a four day job. I must remember to take some before and after photos to see if we can spot the difference. Thanks to everyone who replied to the post.

Ebenezer

It will look F A B U L O U S! Sounds expensive though! How much....?

My paintwork is not great so I'd need to get substantial respray really to bring it up to scratch. Mechanical glitches keep pushing cosmetics further and further down the road, but I'd rather a slightly tatty car that goes, than a pristine one that went!

Eb

azapa

Is the ceramic *that* good? I confess (down here, car and car-fan wasteland) to never have seen a ceramic'd car. I use a high quality carnuba wax, the car stays inside under a cover, and only pops out (never in the rain) twice a month.

What difference would one really see in this usage scenario?

In February this year my QP was tested and under sealed and a week later I had the
Pro Exterior Valet done.
The blurb is
2 Stage Snow Foam Exterior Wash.
Micro Fibre Dry
4 Stage Machine Polish
Re seal Wheels
Ceramic Final Coating
Advertised at £249 + VAT. I actually paid £300. the job took longer than expected as the weather was bitter oop 'ere and a couple of days turned into a week.
The outcome has been good the paintwork is very smooth to touch and rainwater simply glides off.
Unfortunately I did not take before and after pictures but looking at older pictures you cannot see much difference. However the naked eye was much more impressed. I think the cost should have been higher but I got a deal from Falcon as a 'regular' customer.
I agree though that this is a better option than a wrap

Andyk

All booked in at ti22 near Chepstow in a couple of weeks - a four day job. I must remember to take some before and after photos to see if we can spot the difference. Thanks to everyone who replied to the post.

Brilliant.....hope it goes well but looking at some of the people I know who gave gone it will be treated well.

Hurricane52

Is the ceramic *that* good? I confess (down here, car and car-fan wasteland) to never have seen a ceramic'd car. I use a high quality carnuba wax, the car stays inside under a cover, and only pops out (never in the rain) twice a month.

What difference would one really see in this usage scenario?

I hope to be able to answer this question in a few weeks time. It could be a £1,000 car wash or it could be a very sound investment. I’m taking the chance while I can in this short time we might have driving nice cars. I’ll update as and when.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Ceramic coatings appear to be all the rage at the moment.
Isn't it basically a long lasting finish, so compared to traditional polish and wax, so you don't have to polish and wax your car as often?
I don't believe the finish to be any better regarding appearance, just lasts longer?

Hurricane52

You may well be right, but I saw a red Countach at the Kent High Performance centre when my brother picked up his Mondial T Cabriolet (jokingly referred to as his chest wig) and it looked amazing. Such a deep shine. It was done for the NEC show last November. They quoted £750 but it’s too far away for me at the moment. Good people though. I’ll dig out a photo.

Intriguingly, the chap I’m dealing with said that handmade cars are never perfect in the paint department. I don’t think he’d set himself up for a fall as he’s busy. I asked about classics and he’s done a Rolls Phantom (1960s I think) which are massive. I wait in anticipation. Whatever happens I get two runs through the Monmouth tunnel...

Scaf

I assume all cars that have been in your ownership have had such lavish treatment - guess I will find out tomorrow !