Road trip to the Black Forest

Boomerang_GT

Was driving around this area last year.
The most beautiful roads and landscapes I can remember!
And such wonderful people there!
I hope I can convince my girlfriend to participate this event.

midlifecrisis

Can I suggest coming back through the Harz Mountains in the centre of Germany, you could take in the three Dams of Dambusters fame! I used to run riot around there on my trusty ZX6R F2 in the mid-nineties (Lime Green Of course!) stunning scenery, so much so the Germans built two motorways to go around it one to the East from Kassel to Giesen the other to the West following the Rhine...

However if you're down there pop into the BMW Museum, and if you're coming back via Stuttgart pop in to the Mercedes and Porsche Museums. The Mercedes one is the best of the three and they have the best apology for the war too.

Don't to get to fill up at Luxembourg! At least 20c per litre less than surrounding countries.

F456M

This looks absolutely perfect! Not too expencive and a great drive and a cool place. I shared it in our Norwegian Maserati facebook page if that is ok? :)

alfatwo

This looks absolutely perfect! Not too expencive and a great drive and a cool place. I shared it in our Norwegian Maserati facebook page if that is ok? :)

So how many 3200's are going to roll over to Germany from the UK and hopefully make the trip without any problems..:f10:

It sounds good!

Dave

CiaranONeill

Can I suggest coming back through the Harz Mountains in the centre of Germany, you could take in the three Dams of Dambusters fame! I used to run riot around there on my trusty ZX6R F2 in the mid-nineties (Lime Green Of course!) stunning scenery, so much so the Germans built two motorways to go around it one to the East from Kassel to Giesen the other to the West following the Rhine...

However if you're down there pop into the BMW Museum, and if you're coming back via Stuttgart pop in to the Mercedes and Porsche Museums. The Mercedes one is the best of the three and they have the best apology for the war too.

Don't to get to fill up at Luxembourg! At least 20c per litre less than surrounding countries.

I dont think we'll have time to go that far. Thinking of heading to Bruges, maybe via The Ring!

CiaranONeill

So how many 3200's are going to roll over to Germany from the UK and hopefully make the trip without any problems..:f10:

It sounds good!

Dave

They are limiting it 50 in total, not sure how many from the UK. Maybe get a convoy going down!

gemini

No problem at all, we have already one guest from Norway, Gabriel, with a verde brooklands 3200GT. Travelling all the way down, from Oslo!

Lozzer

I'm interested in this, think it would be a great trip, although I've never taken a car abroad before so I'm a bit of a noob and need a push someone give me a push lol

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I'm interested in this, think it would be a great trip, although I've never taken a car abroad before so I'm a bit of a noob and need a push someone give me a push lol

Love driving on the continent, done it many times with family and boys trips too!
Last boys trip visited the Porsche museum and stayed in Baden Baden....lovely Spa town.
DO IT!

alfatwo

Go for it Loz.. If I'm not standing to attention at the time, I'll come too

You just stick at a 100mph, upset the locals, get the music on and your there in no time

We could even break down together :biggrin:

Dave

philw696

That's the Spirit Dave.
Road trips wherever they are just have to be done.
As said before we're here for a Good Time and none of us leaving here alive so get on it.

CiaranONeill

Go for it. I booked it last week. Planning a visit to the "Green ****" on the way home.

gemini

By the way, if some of you would like to spend another night at the Radisson (thursday or sunday), let me know, I can ask the hotel if they can offer the same condition (but I don't know if it's possible, I must ask first).

Not far from the hotel, you'll find the Mercedes museum (70km), Porsche museum (70km), Maulbronn Abbey, Karlsruhe Castle, Ludwigsburg Castel...
A lot to see.