What's the reset process for turning off engine warning light

PFR165

I remember a post on here a couple of years ago, explaining the process for resetting when the engine warning light comes on. It involved a few on/off actions etc which did the trick. Anyone know the procedure?

Wanderer

If you disconnect the battery they'll never come back on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

alfatwo

If you disconnect the battery they’ll never come back on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

And your Engine ECU will have lost all its codes and be on the basic run mode, It takes about 100 miles to relearn and be back up to full power..

Its best not to turn the battery switch off if the can help it!

Dave

midlifecrisis

The cheaper version of Spartacus' solution is to buy an ODB reader from Ebay, buy torque pro off the android website or if you're OCD the Apple Website, should cost less than £10.

davy83

i use an ODBII reader i got off e-bay it works well, and clears any codes and lets you read them to work out what number it is, which is important. I also read some where that leaving the battery disconnected for a while then restarting the car will clear the codes. This however will not stop them reappearing, and also gives you no clues as to what error you are getting. If you know what the error was then a power reset is a fine way to get it cleared. I would urge caution in just clearing codes without working out what caused them.

Evo Cymru

And your Engine ECU will have lost all its codes and be on the basic run mode, It takes about 100 miles to relearn and be back up to full power..

Its best not to turn the battery switch off if the can help it!

Dave

Is that for the older 3200 or newer cars too?

babel 101

[QUOTE = "Spartacus, post: 630268, member: 2201"] 1) lleve el automóvil al concesionario
2) comprar un auto nuevo
3) la luz se ha ido [/ QUOTE]
:)