Day out and question on AC

Davidc

Took the car out for a good run today. Went up around Forres and visited a few new places. Some great empty roads around there so plenty of chance to blow away the winter cobwebs. Took this picture at the old Dallas Dhu distillery just south of Forres.2F4F925B-82E0-4F64-8885-FDEC75AD7AC1.jpg

One question I keep meaning to ask. Every time I start the car the air conditioning comes on. Is this a default setting? Not really required in Scotland but could understand why Maserati may have seen more a need for their climate!

CatmanV2

My godmother lives in Rafford! My godfather was on Wellingtons out of Lossiemouth. Unfortunately there was an un-scheduled mountain interface back in the 90s which some of you will recall

C

dunnah01

It was on by default in my 3200 but there was an ECO button that you could use to turn it off - 9.999mpg to 10mpg - whay hay...

allandwf

Great roads, I used to work a lot of the distilleries a few years ago. Paid for driving superb roads in relative peace :)

Davidc

My godmother lives in Rafford! My godfather was on Wellingtons out of Lossiemouth. Unfortunately there was an un-scheduled mountain interface back in the 90s which some of you will recall

C
I’m sure I drove sedately through Rafford after a blast over the hills and a further blast from my wife on the subject of a ‘quiet Sunday drive’!

rockits

Great roads, I used to work a lot of the distilleries a few years ago. Paid for driving superb roads in relative peace :)
There are a few ways to work a lot of the distilleries! Was it paid for or did you have to pay?

Davidc

There are a few ways to work a lot of the distilleries! Was it paid for or did you have to pay?

Yes, paid for this one but it's actually a museum as the distillery closed down some time ago and now it's run by Historic Scotland. There are an awful lot of distilleries in that area so you're spoilt for choice.

Navcorr

There are an awful lot of distilleries in that area so you're spoilt for choice.

There's a lot to be said for taking a bus :)
Gordon & MacPhail of Elgin is well worth a visit.
Particularly enjoy their Linkwoods.

steve3200

Took the car out for a good run today. Went up around Forres and visited a few new places. Some great empty roads around there so plenty of chance to blow away the winter cobwebs. Took this picture at the old Dallas Dhu distillery just south of Forres.View attachment 48882

One question I keep meaning to ask. Every time I start the car the air conditioning comes on. Is this a default setting? Not really required in Scotland but could understand why Maserati may have seen more a need for their climate!

yes it defaults to 'on' on start up