New Owner

DanielGiraldo

Hello Everyone,

I've been browsing this forum and Maseratilife for the past few months and last month I finally decided to purchase a Granturismo. It's a Dark Grey 2012 GTS with Red interior. This car is beyond amazing and I have loved every minute I've owned it. Thinking about wrapping it white and painting the rims black next week. Anyway, looking forward to meeting everyone on this forum.

Attachments

• 20180328_190551.jpg
    20180328_190551.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 20180328_190255.jpg
    20180328_190255.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 122

Andyk

A big warm welcome and what a stunning Grancab.....Don't do it...Leave it as it is....its looks stunning and there are too many white Grancabs about...or seem to be....

DanielGiraldo

Thanks everyone, happy to be here. I love the hood of this car as well, the previous owner said he had it imported from Italy to Miami. The main reason I wanted to wrap it was to protect the paint but I've hear there are clear coats that will do the same. Does anyone know anything about the clear coats?

midlifecrisis

Welcome to the forum, please don't wrap it white, not only will you compromise the paintwork but you'll wipe out a good portion of its resale value.

Originality is key, mess around with it mechanically but ensure that it can be returned to original. Buyers do not like customised cars as there no provenance of the quality.

DanielGiraldo

The main reason to wrap it is to actually protect the paint. It is said that when the vehicle is wrapped with high quality 3M wrap which goes for around $3000 it will conserve the paint. Whenever the wrap is properly removed and the car is washed, the paint will be the same as the day it was wrapped.

D Walker

The main reason to wrap it is to actually protect the paint. It is said that when the vehicle is wrapped with high quality 3M wrap which goes for around $3000 it will conserve the paint. Whenever the wrap is properly removed and the car is washed, the paint will be the same as the day it was wrapped.

If it is all original paint, you may be lucky, if not, removing the wrap can peel away paint,
I’d leave it, easier to protect with 3k worth of cleaning, sealing, waxing and ceramic coating.....

rockits

Also from what I've heard & understand a wrap will only last 5 years max. Better off detailing & sealing/protecting it & keep the cash to pay for a full professional respray if it ever needed it.

Don't wrap it white as I agree with all that has been said above. It looks spot on as it is.

FIFTY

The US market is a bit different to the UK, stateside wraps increase the value of the car while in the UK it doesn't help resale

What my fellow forum members are wise to caution you, the clear coat laquer on the paint is very soft and even decals/stickers have been known to peel off the laquer when being removed

I love the dark grey and red interior + hood contrast on your car will be a shame to cover it in a white wrap.

Consider ppf or a ceramic coating... even a clear bra for the front nose and lots of sealant and wax would be better so you can enjoy your lovely factory paint!