maserati warranty

PRG123

Hi,

My cars warranty currently runs out at the end of the month.

I bought the car from meridian, does anyone have any opinions as to whether it's worth renewing and what type of warranty i should get.

I currently have meridians own warranty rather than maseratis one.

Finally any idea how much i would expect to pay.

Thanks

Pete

dem maser

i think UM had this done or didnt so he might be along to help you out....
i would get it done...id like to have maserati warranty on the car through my ownership as these cars can be expensive to fix if they go wrong..

lozcb

Hi,

My cars warranty currently runs out at the end of the month.

I bought the car from meridian, does anyone have any opinions as to whether it's worth renewing and what type of warranty i should get.

I currently have meridians own warranty rather than maseratis one.

Finally any idea how much i would expect to pay.

Thanks

Pete

As Dem said , Urban went through this dilemma , and i'll re-iterate my views , Maserati warranty was £2200 last year

You own a GS i believe probably the most sorted of all models

the biggest repair items faced would be clutch and engine and F1 pump and gearbox , with the end of warranty check imminent , im sure your car like most other GS and Urbans has a spiggot bearing squeal if you pull away hard in 1st or 2nd , this is well known , you can get it replaced under warranty , as Urban was advised by me , he purchased a new clutch and had that fitted at the same time , seeing as the old clutch had to come out to do the bearing , makes sense in my book, F1 pump is now greatly reduced in price (same as alfa selespeed pump £285.00 plus labour) so in my book you would be better off saving the warranty money in your maintenance war chest , , its my guess you'll most likely have atleast half , if not all of it left at the end of the 2 years extended warranty period , provided you stick to the recommended service schedules

Hope this helps to make an informed decision

regards loz

dem maser

put the money aside, use it when you need to and this way you will always be able to fix the problem
under warranty they might find a clause to get out on, you knwo what they like
£2000 a year aside for repairs seems good to me and chances are on a newer car you wont need it in the 1st 2 years....
that could be 4500 saved

Parisien

One and the same Frank , be interested to see if thats a one of price , or that is the new reduced price, either way , that one is worth getting at that price absolute bargain

regards loz

Must get one Loz........cos its a bargain.....the other info any use?

P