Clocks - I couldn't resist

davidhowson

Christmas has come early for me.
I couldn't resist the Gold clock for the car.
A real fiddly swine to get in and out but I'm quite impressed, has a much heavier feel to it and is clearly different to the chrome standard one. I need to see it fitted in the daylight now to see how it sits alongside the blue leather.

David

Attachments

• CIMG6491.jpg
    CIMG6491.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 55
  • CIMG6492.jpg
    CIMG6492.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 40

davidhowson

It's a shame they are not made by Cartier any more, but then it would have cost 10 grand!

Is there any demand for a used chrome clock? - adam do you want to start getting your first Maserati in installments!!

Regards

David

Parisien

It's a shame they are not made by Cartier any more, but then it would have cost 10 grand!

Is there any demand for a used chrome clock? - adam do you want to start getting your first Maserati in installments!!

Regards

David

A clock is a good place to start..........it can count down to when you finally buy a GS!

P

davidhowson

Yeah, it all work fine. Keeps good time and lights up as it should.
I think I need to see the gold one in the day light just to make sure it looks right, but other wise I would sell one or the other!

There was some discussion about a lack of adverts, well I have gathered a few spare parts over the course of the year, I should probably get round to advertising them!

I fitted a Carbon Fibre wheel from a GS a few weeks back, looks really nice. So I also have a spare standard wheel and air bag too.

Regards

David

davidhowson

I think it was earlier than that, but I could be wrong.
I was trying to buy an alledged Cartier clock from a 1980's BiTurbo vintage, it look really nice and I could have bought it for around £300 but when measured, it was quite a bit bigger than the 4200 / GS and the time adjuster was on the side which wouldn't have fitted.
Sad, coz that looked really good.

Regards
David

Frank - I'll let you know what happens.

Parisien

Cheers......plus David...as they are awkward to get out....blow by blow account of how you did it?

P

davidhowson

Frank, it's quite funny, after much pulling and pushing the old one suddenly popped out, I don't really know what I did!!

Leavering the Info Centre screen out I thought was going to be the hard part, but that pulls out really easily.
But sure, I'll wizz a few photo's off over the weekend. Once the screen is out, you can get your hands behind the clock and jiggle it about.

Regards

David

nigw

Unless the spacings are significantly different between the air vents and the clock on the 4200/GS compared to on the 3200, then the easiest way is just to pull out the air vents....you should then be able to get your fingers to the back of the clock and it will just pop out.

Your chrome clock should sell well on ebay....

lozcb

Gold on Yellow looks Fab David , any thoughts to getting your wheel bolts gold/brass plated hehe certainly different and unique , pic and a how to for the tech fix section would be great as and when you have time

regards loz

Andyk

Funny how we all say the clocks are great .. Back in the 90's all the press did was slag the clocks of saying they looked out of place in the car...especialy when the 3200 came out....

Parisien

...the press/journos....who are they...they don't buy the cars...they don't run the cars...they don't live with them........what do they know?!!!

P

rotorheadcase

Dead right P. You might as well ask a footballer what he thinks of the clocks and rip it out based on his sense of taste. for what it's worth, my 18yr old son loves the clock. But then I've taught him well and he wears a Tag Heuer automatic.

Neil

Parisien

Never that keen on commentators of any kind....just a variation in highly paid gossips IMHO.....though I do like a more long term reflective type of car reportage.....nothing in life is ever quite perfect, but for lovers of anything, they can and do overlook the facial warts on their automotive love.................

P