Maserati 4200 CC MA05SPA @ Pistol Prestige

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I have been meaning to share this with you all for a week or so. The cheap 4200 at Pistol Prestige in Stockport is a dog and don't go near it. Had a PPI on it last week done by Autoshield Maserati. It's been in a big crash and is bent and completely out of shape underneath. This is 'to the point where fitting a new clutch could be a problem as the car is so badly crocked it wouldn't fit back together'. The dealership are aware of this and assured me it was going to auction where it most definitely buyer beware. However, it's back for sale at £17,995 today. Don't even bother wasting your time.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2091179.htm

Andyk

Thats the one that was knocking around on PH for ages back in the summer ... Remember a few saying beware back then...

dickygrace

It's been steadily reducing in price since July. Everyone that sees it is put off by the fact that it needs paint and a service. I saw past that so had it PPI'd. Best £200 I ever spent!

Andyk

As they saw...No such thing as a cheap Maserati .... The thing is if they sell it as a repaired car and come out in the open they may get someone look at it .... But I take it it hasn't been repaired that well.

Parisien

Great heads up Dicky...do keep bumping this thread up to keep it on view...hate for someone to get caught out!!

P

Parisien

As per Loz's thread......how did they get around that!!???

Makes a mockery of keeping the public safe and people not being sold a pup!!!

P

Andyk

Do you know how bad it was .. Surely if really bad it would have a cat attached.

dickygrace

Crashed badly but only a write-off if it costs more than it's Market value to repair. I've no idea but got pics of it if anyone needs.

Emtee

Good information. Definitely one to keep bumping. Makes me wonder whether we should have a 'buyer beware' section where pups like this can be posted?

ENZ525

Good information. Definitely one to keep bumping. Makes me wonder whether we should have a 'buyer beware' section where pups like this can be posted?

That's a great idea Miles, a list that can be referred to at a glance, rather than lots and lots of posts that have to be scrolled through...

( has to be verifiable, as is so in this case, with an indi inspection :D )

Andyk

Thats the sort of thing I meant as to often I think .. Oh I remember seeing that on a thread but can never find it again.

Parisien

Conaero...thoughts........?......some good stuff which gets lost in the long threads.....a few more stickies.......of hows about a stickies section.....all by itself...with stickies for a whole range of things......put all stickie threads in there?

p

Last edited:

ENZ525

Coanero...thoughts........?......some good stuff which gets lost in the long threads.....a few more stickies.......of hows about a stickies section.....all by itself...with stickies for a whole range of things......put all stickie threads in there?

p

Ahhhhh, another great idea....a sticky sticky thread, :D love it.

Parisien

Will do......anything we reckon need stickied?

I'd like the Insurance post and web contact list stickied...as resources.....

A buyers beware...verified though.....incorporating Cat/HPI info..........

P

Parisien

What about a weekly round up of what cars are for sale.......or let people search for themselves?

P

Andyk

Let people search for cars themselves I think Frank ... Like the other ideas though.