Changing Foglamps/bulbs 3200 4200 and GS

lozcb

Changing complete fog/ side lamps or bulbs 3200 4200 and GS

Tools needed 10mm magnetic(bluetack) socket and 15†long extention and a torch
and masking tape

Jack the front of the car up as high as is necessary for you to work under the front bumper, the lamp is held in with one 10mm bolt only and a sprung clip on the back of the lamp housing

Mask up the area around the lamp , this prevents possible scratching on removal and refitting

On the 4200 s and te GS there is a 1†hole each side of the front undertray approximately inline with each side of the radiator , if you shine a torch you will see about 10†in a 10mm bolt, undo this and carefully and slowly retract the socket making sure the bolt stays within the socket , if you drop it it will mean taking off the whole undertray , hence if you haven't got a 10mm magnetic socket bluetack will do

The lamp can now be withdrawn from its recess , but its still held in with its spring clip, so it might need a gentle prizing out , be sure to protect your paintwork

Disconnect the electrical connectors and the lamp will be free to either replace bulbs or the whole unit

Re- fit in the reverse order

Regards loz

safrane

Well as the wheels were coming off to be refurbished I thought I may as well change some of the bulbs in the units as they are bound to blow sooner or later and they are now 7 years old.

Car in the air, me under the car...but no holes?...except the one for draining the sump.

OK then lets try from the wheel arch...no good unless I move the oil tank.

OK Lets try from the grill...no way will my hands get in.

So with the sun fading as fast as my cool I have had to give up...ther must be a easier way than removing the whole of the under tray!!! or is this a way of keeping garages in business?