Bosch Aerotwin

nigw

Was planning to head off to Maserati to get a new set of wiper blades, but the 'retrofit' Bosh aerotwin blades seem to be getting good reviews on pistonheads etc. I know the general opinion is to stick with OE, but I just wondered whether anyone else have tried these? They are meant to be very quiet, and the wiper blade itself is far thinner....the only bit I'm not sure about is the connection block. They are more expensive than Maserati OE I think:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/215229/bosch_aerotwin_928s.html

ENZ525

I have used Bosch before (not these aerotwin or flat ones, just regular ones) and went back to OE...
These do have good reviews, but there is one comment on the link you provided, and that is that they do not last very long,
says just 3 months on there! Price wise, they are cheaper than OE.

LeeH

Was planning to head off to Maserati to get a new set of wiper blades, but the 'retrofit' Bosh aerotwin blades seem to be getting good reviews on pistonheads etc. I know the general opinion is to stick with OE, but I just wondered whether anyone else have tried these? They are meant to be very quiet, and the wiper blade itself is far thinner....the only bit I'm not sure about is the connection block. They are more expensive than Maserati OE I think:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/215229/bosch_aerotwin_928s.html

Hi Nigel

Hope your well. How is the car going? I am going to do a road trip probably around May'ish passed your neck of the woods,
so i must pop by and have a coffee with you if your around.

I have put these on my car:

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/produc...versal-retrofit-flat-aeroblade-2-inch-wb5-22/

I will check the size later I actually bought as i still have the packet in the garage. They have been great for the money.
Quiet, appear to clear better. Block is a little big on the wiper arm, but you soon forget that. They do not sit absolutely flush
at the very end of the passenger side, but once moving the blade soon sits right on the screen.

I have some pictures of the before and after I will try and dig them out see if that helps?

Cheers

Lee

nigw

Yeah Lee - give me a shout..will be good to see your car too! Would be interested to see the before and after pics - just email 'em through to my gmail acc.

Emtee

Hi Nig,

I used these and although the blade itself was very good with no noise at all, the fitting block to attach the blade to the wiper arm was quite poor, to the extent that I nearly lost one when driving at motorway speed in driving rain! Also because it uses an 'adapter' block to attach to the wiper arm, the arm itself subsequently sits higher off the screen, which isn't particularly attractive.

I have been toying with the idea of swapping the blades together with the arms, as I think there are some Alfa ones that would fit, but for the moment I've gone back to OE.

LeeH

Here you go Nigel

Before and after piccies of old and new.

You can see the passenger one does sit slightly up, but slight compromise for better clearing.

On saying that the original one did not sit really flush if you look at the picture.

Cheers

Lee

Attachments

• PA090026.jpg
    PA090026.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 7
  • PA090027.jpg
    PA090027.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 5
  • PA090028.jpg
    PA090028.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 6
  • PA090029.jpg
    PA090029.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 5
  • PA090030.jpg
    PA090030.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 5
  • PA090031.jpg
    PA090031.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 5

nigw

I have been toying with the idea of swapping the blades together with the arms, as I think there are some Alfa ones that would fit, but for the moment I've gone back to OE.

Let me know how you get on! Which Alfa ones were you thinking of?

LeeH

Cheers Lee. Hmm, it kind of accenuates the kink in the wiper arm in those pics!

I think because the blade section is thinner due to integral spoiler, you tend to notice arm more.

But swongs and roundabouts I think.

They certainly work very well and are very quiet and for £15 all in ish, you can replace as and when.

Parisien

LeeH...did you put these on the alternative parts pages? They look ok.......but as N says...draws your eye to the kink due to the lack of bulk of new slimline blade.

P

Danny

I have tried both the non-branded flex wipers as the Bosch Aerotwin (which I have currently fitted) and I must say that the quality of the Bosch is much better. They have been on all winter (ice, frost, etc.) and their performance is still excellent. The previous pair (non-branded) only lasted for a couple of months or so. My next pair of wipers will definitely be Bosch Aerotwins again.

Parisien

I have tried both the non-branded flex wipers as the Bosch Aerotwin (which I have currently fitted) and I must say that the quality of the Bosch is much better. They have been on all winter (ice, frost, etc.) and their performance is still excellent. The previous pair (non-branded) only lasted for a couple of months or so. My next pair of wipers will definitely be Bosch Aerotwins again.

Good report on these Danny.

P