Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Handbrake Adjustment

SportsMaserati.com Moderator 2b1ask1's Avatar
    Yes remove centre armrest, tray, ash tray and lighter. Find the hidden screws under the pen tray mat and remove the NIT/moulding. There are acres front and back I recal. Two or mor cable block connectors too.

The handbrake lever is very easy to remove, just two or three bolts but the pi$$er is the handbrake cable rod end. This is retained by a tiny split pin over a washer, easy enough to remove but the rod then pings out and shoots back almost out of the tunnel!!! I suggest getting a loop of wire into the bend before releasing it so you can control its recoil! You will need to use a piece anyway to pull it back enough to relocate it in the new one.
    Newton 2b1ask1

Wife, five kids, house and two Italian cars to support….
    Or
    Newton’s fourth law of motion: With sufficient acceleration from an applied force acting upon a mass (workload), two or more working days can be condensed into one. A+F/ma = £

Present:
    2005 Maserati GranSport
    2017 Alfa Mito 850 Twin Air
    (others non-mentionable: 2003 Volvo XC90 T6 workhorse, 2009 Toyota Aygo [wife and kids really], Frankenvan - 2008 Peugeot Partner crew cab van 3008 6-speed graft [still non-running at this time but on the list to finish soon])

Past:
    2002 Alfa 156 2.0TS Sportwaggon Selespeed - Sold for parts
    2016 Alfa Mito 850 Twin Air Lemon car taken back by Alfa UK
    2003 Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa Stolen - now with new owner on the forum
    2016 Alfa Mito 850 Twin Air Stolen

Quote Originally Posted by 2b1ask1 View Post
    Yes remove centre armrest, tray, ash tray and lighter. Find the hidden screws under the pen tray mat and remove the NIT/moulding. There are acres front and back I recal. Two or mor cable block connectors too.

The handbrake lever is very easy to remove, just two or three bolts but the pi$$er is the handbrake cable rod end. This is retained by a tiny split pin over a washer, easy enough to remove but the rod then pings out and shoots back almost out of the tunnel!!! I suggest getting a loop of wire into the bend before releasing it so you can control its recoil! You will need to use a piece anyway to pull it back enough to relocate it in the new one.
    Well what i’ll do is strip down the surroundings and the new one on the seat so they can then take over from there, they’ll need to adjust it anyway as it’s needs to be pulled so high. I’ll put it back together when I get it home, is there a thread on how to remove the NIT etc? MOT rebooked for Tuesday to allow time for part to come.
    Kyle,

Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa (2002)
    Rosso Mondiale, with Nero Leather/Rosso Stitching
    Primary Decat + Sports Cats & SM H-Pipe Bypass

Previous: 2008 Audi A5 3.2 Sport, 2007 Audi TT Roadster

SportsMaserati.com Moderator 2b1ask1's Avatar
    There is, I'm travelling now so don't have time to dig it out, it is fairly intuitive though on the 4200, if it doesn't lift easily there are still hidden fixings!
    Newton 2b1ask1

Wife, five kids, house and two Italian cars to support….
    Or
    Newton’s fourth law of motion: With sufficient acceleration from an applied force acting upon a mass (workload), two or more working days can be condensed into one. A+F/ma = £

Present:
    2005 Maserati GranSport
    2017 Alfa Mito 850 Twin Air
    (others non-mentionable: 2003 Volvo XC90 T6 workhorse, 2009 Toyota Aygo [wife and kids really], Frankenvan - 2008 Peugeot Partner crew cab van 3008 6-speed graft [still non-running at this time but on the list to finish soon])

Past:
    2002 Alfa 156 2.0TS Sportwaggon Selespeed - Sold for parts
    2016 Alfa Mito 850 Twin Air Lemon car taken back by Alfa UK
    2003 Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa Stolen - now with new owner on the forum
    2016 Alfa Mito 850 Twin Air Stolen

Quote Originally Posted by 2b1ask1 View Post
    There is, I'm travelling now so don't have time to dig it out, it is fairly intuitive though on the 4200, if it doesn't lift easily there are still hidden fixings!
    I found it! It was on an old thread about removing the NIT unit, I’ve stripped the console down now so the handbrake is accessible with ease, i’ll let the garage do the rest on Tuesday, New lever and components should be here tomorrow.
    Kyle,

Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa (2002)
    Rosso Mondiale, with Nero Leather/Rosso Stitching
    Primary Decat + Sports Cats & SM H-Pipe Bypass

Previous: 2008 Audi A5 3.2 Sport, 2007 Audi TT Roadster

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112