How to guides - REQUESTS

Templar

Hi All,
Advice please on rear parking lights near side on my GT have stopped working. the light unit is the LED 's in the boot lid not the car body. All the light strip is out. Is this likely to be a connection problem as the whole strip is out or something else? If a connection problem how do you access the light unit to check the wiring as the access hole in the inside of the boot lid looks pretty small? Thanks for any guidance.

Lambie

Hi all,

Can anyone guide me to where I plug in a OBD code reader at all? I've looked down below the steering wheel but to no avail currently?
2016 GTS

Many thanks
Chris

CatmanV2

Pull down the kick panel by your right knee (Assuming RHD) (You asked this on Facebook I suspect)
You need to pull it quite hard. Once it hinges down you'll see all the fuses and the OBD socket

C

CatmanV2

Ok, so it's a square block as opposed to having diagonal sides which my scanner has? ****!!

Actually now you mention it, that's different to ones I've seen. Yours is a 2016? I know my 07 was completely normal. Have you got into it yet? Can you take a photo?

My suspicion is that the normal D-plug will still fit. If you imagine drawing a diagonal from the lugs on the right to the corners on the left, you end up with a D shape.

Random picture that I think illustrates what I mean:

C

Lambie

Actually now you mention it, that's different to ones I've seen. Yours is a 2016? I know my 07 was completely normal. Have you got into it yet? Can you take a photo?

My suspicion is that the normal D-plug will still fit. If you imagine drawing a diagonal from the lugs on the right to the corners on the left, you end up with a D shape.

Random picture that I think illustrates what I mean:

C

Attachments

• PXL_20230725_102026900.jpg
    PXL_20230725_102026900.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 17

zagatoes30

That's the puppy. Dollars to donuts your scanner will fit. Wide end to your right

C
Dollars to Donuts - that's a new one

Does this mean you have provided the correct technical assistance on two threads on the same day - remarkable !!

:laugh:

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Dollars to Donuts - that's a new one

Does this mean you have provided the correct technical assistance on two threads on the same day - remarkable !!

:laugh:
Strange things are afoot.

I notice that Catman has been behind this new wave of technical know-how. This is deeply disturbing and I must suspect that his account has been taken over by an AI-powered chat bot (a Catbot, if you will). He must be monitored and, if necessary, eradicated.

1690300516801.png

Last edited: