How to guides - REQUESTS

conaero

Forum Owner
I have a request, I need to remove my passenger rear quarter panel trip, the one with the speaker in it, as a clip is come adrift.

Its the last piece of trim we have not done a how to on.

Jagpurr, I have started the stop watch, ha ha.

Parisien

So, whilst struggling with an armful of files and stuff today I accidentally pressed the boot release button..................lo and behold it opened.........................

BUT......I had taken out the boot release relay the week before to replace it....but hadn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

Hoping my mechanic will do some sleuthing next week!

P

Turned out to be a broken wire that leads from the body to the boot lid, left hand side near hinge...courtesy of Marios at Autoshield!

P

Parisien

P are you saying ...You got a body in the boot!!!?

Let me re-phrase that............................from the CAR body to boot lid.......................

P

PS Bodies in the boot are an expensive option..................................even with Maserati!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............;)

Gullible

Now you're talking...................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......................not to mention......leaking bodily fluids.......;)...;)

P

Thats Gross P...but whatever turns you on... i guess......Retch!! ROL

P.s wheres my smileys? i cant find them

Mark W

F1 Pump Reservoir oil refresh DIY

I would like to extract old CHF oil and replace with fresh CHF oil.
Please provide procedure info (photos would be great) on doing this for a 2006 GranSport Spyder.
Thanks

Parisien

Welcome Mark........do tell us more about the Spyder and how you came drive a Maserati.

I think Loz did a "How to guide" on this will have a look for you

P

Geofflyn

Frank. I read this with great interest but I had one question as the instruction seemed odd. No doubt it's correct but left me wondering how it gets dealt with.itsthe cutting cable in half that left me wondering. Sorry couldn't get the picture into the reply.
Geoff

On the right hand side, you can see the F1 Pump power cable. Disconnect the cable plug. On the right hand side of the metal clamp, cut the cable in half

Mark W

I am so impressed with this site - true Maserati enthusiasts !!!
Read the "how to guide" but also saw a special tool 900026350 "tube with bend" which has a MAX line about halfway down?
Everyone here seems to fill the reservoir to the top.

I have been a Ferrari fan since I can remember but with four children I could not afford a new car to just drive on weekends. During some searching for a used Ferrari I saw some references to 4200 Maserati's and when I saw the pictures I was taken in.
Then my quest began to find the "right" Maserati. Had a few very close deals and after 8 months got exactly what I wanted - 2006 GranSport Spyder 90th Aniversiry Blue Mediteranian Blue interior.
Fetched my Spyder in December had 8500 miles on clock - now at 19000 - as I use it to drive where ever and when ever I can. Pity about the speedlimits in Pensylvania region ....

Woody

Gaaah....is that recent!? Hope not!

Probably the quickest way to remove it, but a very long winded way of putting it back on!

Woody

I am so impressed with this site - true Maserati enthusiasts !!!
Read the "how to guide" but also saw a special tool 900026350 "tube with bend" which has a MAX line about halfway down?
Everyone here seems to fill the reservoir to the top.

I have been a Ferrari fan since I can remember but with four children I could not afford a new car to just drive on weekends. During some searching for a used Ferrari I saw some references to 4200 Maserati's and when I saw the pictures I was taken in.
Then my quest began to find the "right" Maserati. Had a few very close deals and after 8 months got exactly what I wanted - 2006 GranSport Spyder 90th Aniversiry Blue Mediteranian Blue interior.
Fetched my Spyder in December had 8500 miles on clock - now at 19000 - as I use it to drive where ever and when ever I can. Pity about the speedlimits in Pensylvania region ....

I believe the 90th Anniversary is based on the 4200 not the GranSport. Although it shares a number of styling points from the later GS spyder, to be a pedant, it is not actually a GS. Although they're as close as makes no difference, they 90th Anniv is classed as a 4200 officially and not a GS.

[/pedant mode]

Parisien

Always so wet around here, roads of 4th world quality.......I don't get to hit sports button of be heavy on throttle often due to those factors....:(

P

Mark W

I believe the 90th Anniversary is based on the 4200 not the GranSport. Although it shares a number of styling points from the later GS spyder, to be a pedant, it is not actually a GS. Although they're as close as makes no difference, they 90th Anniv is classed as a 4200 officially and not a GS.

[/pedant mode]

I should have stated 90th Aniv Blue paint color not 90th Aniv model.

Any idea on the fill level for the F1 pump reservior?
Thanks