DMS ECU Upgrade

SpyderNick

Hi all,
I am having a ECU upgrade dome on my Spyder on Friday at DMS In Southampton.
Has anyone on the forum had this done to any of their cars ?

lozcb

Hi Nick , ive been on to DMS before now re a group buy , wanted to wait untill we had some kind of confirmation /referrals before we took it any further , had one guy come on who rated it , but that was it , there was prelimanary talks re 10 cars being done at £500 a throw , but all on a saturday at a special maserati openday for them was never taken any further , think we had around 5 who said that for £500 they would have a crack at it , should be able to search the thread

regards loz

SpyderNick

Hi loz,
That sounds like a good price at £500
But i'm locked into £1200 so such is life.
I amlooking forward toseeing how differentit feels and will letyou know howi find it. 438bhp is practicaly GTS bhp and the spyder is lighter by around 160kgs so coild be quiteimpressive .
The difference between this and FD dmw and ecu is still a lot As well.
Sorry about the writing but the ipad has died and down to theiphone,at least i amenjoying anice bottle of Merlot :)

lozcb

Hi loz,
That sounds like a good price at £500
But i'm locked into £1200 so such is life.
I amlooking forward toseeing how differentit feels and will letyou know howi find it. 438bhp is practicaly GTS bhp and the spyder is lighter by around 160kgs so coild be quiteimpressive .
The difference between this and FD dmw and ecu is still a lot As well.
Sorry about the writing but the ipad has died and down to theiphone,at least i amenjoying anice bottle of Merlot :)

Nick why dont you try and do a deal with them , pay the £1200 but re mention to them about the group buy , they will remember me , if the results are that impressive im sure we could get them some decent business all done in one day at a terriffic discount and they could give you some sort of refund to compensate

regards loz

SpyderNick

That's a very good idea Loz i will definately talk to them about this on Friaday.
I wil be at the bristol italian car day again this year andwill be able to showhow good it is, Assuming that it is :)
On that thought i need toupdate the bristol cat day thread as we need to sort a better curry house for the friday night,maybe thd katmandu jusyoff the centre.

lozcb

That's a very good idea Loz i will definately talk to them about this on Friaday.
I wil be at the bristol italian car day again this year andwill be able to showhow good it is, Assuming that it is :)
On that thought i need toupdate the bristol cat day thread as we need to sort a better curry house for the friday night,maybe thd katmandu jusyoff the centre.

Happy to leave it with you and Peter to sort out the curry house as locals you'll know best

regards loz

Maser Sod

Best curry in town is the Raj on Old King St! Remind me when the MOTO festival is this year, I will try to come out on the Fri night if I am in the UK. I will probably catch up with Paul H for a beer in the next couple of weeks, let me know if you have any special requests for the event.

ADM

Na you cant beat the Brunel Raj in Clifton....proper pukka indian food in there!!

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Torque figures for a 4200 are up from 330 to 371 so not quite the same as a x6 diesel !

Should still be enough though!

SpyderNick

Ok,
Had the upgrade today,

WoW, The dyno shows HP at 443.8 !!!! Rob at DMS was impressed.

Thats more than a GTS and in car a lot lighter !

Feels like a new car and seems much more responsive, great fun driving home today.

I have a image of the dyno but i really can't be botherd to work out how to post it on a Friday night ,
so you will have to take my word for it.

Emtee

Sorry if I've missed it if you've already posted the details Nick, but is this your only mod or is in conjunction with others already made?

Em.