Bodyshop recommendation - Herts / Essex

DJR

Unfortunately I collided with a small deer at the weekend (the hazards of rural life). On a cursory inspection it looks like the front grille and air conveyor will definitely need replacing.

I would be very grateful for recommendations for a bodyshop (I live near Bishops Stortford on the Herts/Essex borders).

Thankyou

hunta

Hi DJR, and welcome to the forum.

I don't have any specific recommendations, but have you tried HR Owen in St Albans? They're a dealer rather than a workshop, but I'd imagine they'd be able to tell you who they would use.

It would also be worth giving Bill McGrath a call, or Roberto Grimaldi - you're blessed to be pretty much half way between the two!

DJR

Andrew

Many thanks for your recommendations. Popped in to see Roberto yesterday and if first impressions are anything to go by definitely worth a visit. A repair quote was waiting in my inbox by the time I had got home!

Duncan

Woody

HRO don't have a body shop in St Albans, they'd send you to Hangar Lane to get a quote. I asked for some work to be done recently and thought I'd ask them and they were more than double the next closest quote I had. When I was talking to them, while they would doubtless do a superb job, I felt like they were trying to justify needing the car for so long.

Bill McGrath's recommended a guy who has been suggested on here a couple of time - Shane, at Pretige. Not the cheapest, but I think he'll do the paintwork I want done when I get around to sorting it - http://www.prestige-restoration.co.uk/ - I believe he mainly does resto's.

Finally, I've also read some good things about a company called Finished Line - http://www.finishlineukltd.co.uk/ - speak to Chris Bray. I have had a quote for work here too and it was roughly 1/4 of the cost HRO quote for, by the sounds of it, more work.

I'm undecided who to use at the moment as, for me, the end result is more important than the price and until the work is done, I guess I wont be able to tell you who I think is best.

hunta

Andrew

Many thanks for your recommendations. Popped in to see Roberto yesterday and if first impressions are anything to go by definitely worth a visit. A repair quote was waiting in my inbox by the time I had got home!

Duncan

Can't speak highly enough of Roberto... He saved my bacon a couple of years ago over Christmas when everyone (including him) was closed for the holidays. I'd say your first impressions sound right :)

Klive

I'm based in Harlow and have used Burnt Mill Coachworks twice now. Both times they did a good job. On my other car took out most of the little dings in addition to the repair I asked for. On the Maserati they did the respray the way I'd instructed and informed me of any other issues they found.

dem maser

I have a good friend here in north london if you interested....not a big garage with dolly birds just him and a helper but he is the ******** and does loads of supercars as people around here do know of him....he was with me over the weekend at my stag and showed me pics of a 599 he did in pearl white......amazing.....drop me a pm if you want his number

dem maser

Its not a big garage peter....its a garage in eley estate edmonton and like i said its no glamour reception just my frend and a pole helping him but the are good....will be taking my car in for front bumper work....i see some cars hes done and hes got a good rep round here....

dem maser

Hes in a shithole like i said eley estate....
He doesnt really have signs up and i dont think he even has his company name well known but his name is andy and thats where people take their cars to......andy....He did do a few 997s.....

Jon

Reviving this thread from 2011 as I'm now looking for someone who will do a great job on a front end tidy up of stone chips (and a larger dent) and the lacquer lifting on the bonnet.

When Lee Ball, the Maser guru, used to work in Colchester he once gave me the name of some guy who was really good but now Lee has moved on I don't have his contact details.

Any suggestions would make me a happy GTS owner again!!

Thanks

Wack61

Depends how far you want to go , my 4200 was painted by a guy in Waterlooville who I'd throughly recommend

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 4

Jon

Wow Darren, beautiful job and the same paint colour as mine.

I'm not against travelling - looks like you certainly went a distance from Warrington.

Thanks for sharing.

Wack61

I did, and I'd do it again without hesitation , he's a real perfectionist , there's not a mark in the paint anywhere

conaero

Forum Owner
Let me know by pm Jon and I'll line Phil up for you. Discount for pound notes too.

Apparently Silver is an easy colour to paint and blend.