Forum Clock

conaero

Forum Owner
Can you tell me if you are having issues with the forum posts being wrong and if so by how much. The Most Active Threads sidebar on the home page should be correct, but if you look at the corresponding time on the actual post, is there a difference?

We are doing some work on the forum today so would be good to get some of the niggles ironed out.

My actual posts are an hour out, early so a post I do at 9am shows as being posted at 8am.

conaero

Forum Owner
ok thanks guys I am conducting tests now, so the timing will go a bit screwy till I have cracked it.

conaero

Forum Owner
Ok, we have found the issue but you have to bodge it for it to be correct. When you are logged out, the time tally and are correct. When you log in, the times are 5 hours out. To correct this, heres what you do:

1. Log in
2. Click SETTINGS in the top right of the page
3. in the right menu at the bottom, click FORUM SETTINGS
4. Towards the bottom of that page, you will see the TIME ZONE drop down list, set this to GMT - -5.00 Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota Lima
5. The drop down list below this make sure this is set to AUTOMAICALLY DETECT DST SETTING
6. press SAVE SETTINGS at the bottom and you should be done.

I am going through members in the database and setting this for you.

RSM Masser

Think I mis read that
"Clock Repairs"
Asked a girl in a shop that once - should have seen the look when I asked if she could put 2 hands and a face on it

rossyl

Just giving this a bump for newer members, as I was having the clock issue.

All fixed after following Matt's instructions above

conaero

Forum Owner
Just so you know, we are playing with the clock again today so you will see some strange times.

We have now identified the issue but how we fix it has us head scratching !!!

conaero

Forum Owner
Ok, we are fixed!!!!!

You all need to reset your timezone in your individual users:

1. Click settings top right
settings.jpg

2. Go to GENERAL SETTINGS down in the left menu
edit.jpg

3. Set your correct time zone and set DST to automatic then click SAVE at the bottom
date.jpg

This will then make all posts from this point onwards correct.

New members and not logged in will default to GMT UK time.

conaero

Forum Owner
Mines fine and so is Trevs, just stick with it and have you got day light saving disabled.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
I'm showing your last post as being at 16.13. I'll have another go at settings!

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
That's better, but I had to check the Azores box rather than the London box to get the right time. Ah well, the ends justify the means!

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Already have. It threw a wobbly and changed time zones itself between posts, but it's ok now after I re-reset it to London time.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Matt, mine too, and it puts posts in the wrong order now, see the nice GS thread.