Alternative parts, what everyone needs to know...

spyderbags

Thanks mate, so would fit a 2004 (non facelift) 4200 ?

I think you can get a pattern set from eurospares (post 2002) part number 2481418 for £88.
They are apparently different for later models post chassis 7717. Lets be honest, they don't work very well
no matter what you get! On a different subject, the discs on eurospares at the moment are relatively cheap.

alfatwo

They work well enough if adjusted correctly, lets face it guys were talking here about 50 year old hand brake designs..

Exactly the same as the 1960's Alfa and Volvo ATE systems!

Dave

Rex B

Anyone wanting Brembo Brake Pads for a 3200 4200 could order these online from Eurocarparts using the discount code FEB70 for a 50% discount.

The front are part No 10111017A at £63.99 less 50% £31.99.

The rears are Part No 10133015A are £77.99 less £50% = £38.99.

They do Have Pagid pads cheaper part No 101110178 for front @ £55.99 less 50%.

Please note you will find the fronts listed under vehicle search for a 3200 but for rears you will need to search under a Porsche 944 3.0 litre any year.

Rex B

ANY

Anyone wanting Brembo Brake Pads for a 3200 4200 could order these online from Eurocarparts using the discount code FEB70 for a 50% discount.

Please note you will find the fronts listed under vehicle search for a 3200 but for rears you will need to search under a Porsche 944 3.0 litre any year.

Rex B

Thanks, good discount!
Pity they don’t seem to have other than the “standard” Pagid. I run the yellow Pagid with good result on both the 4200 and my track day 944, but they are unfortunately about £300 / axle. But I’m tempted to try the “normal” ones now on the rear of the Porsche to start with, as they need to be changed..

Saigon

Rex B

Thanks a lot, good info. The only concern I have is that when I try adding them to my purchase basket, a pop up appears warning me that they are not suitable for the vehicle selected, which is in my case a Maserati 4200 ? I am therefore naturally reluctant to proceed. Am I being too cautious, but the disclaimer is there ! Thanks again for the info, Cheers.

Rex B

All l know is that they fit and suspect it like a lot others items that fit our cars in that they are not listed because Maserati are a low volume manufacturer. If you are not confident enough go to the Brakes international web site and you can get the drawings showing the dimensions for the pads you can then compare these with the dimensions on the eurocar parts site.

Rex B

Saigon

All l know is that they fit and suspect it like a lot others items that fit our cars in that they are not listed because Maserati are a low volume manufacturer. If you are not confident enough go to the Brakes international web site and you can get the drawings showing the dimensions for the pads you can then compare these with the dimensions on the eurocar parts site.

Rex B
Cheers Rex B,
Ordered and ready for collection on Sat, snow permitting!.

Robbe

3200 ETB:
For the 3200 ETB, the gasket between the throttle body and the manifold is the same as the Volvo S60 part.
I bought the Volvo part for around 15 euro with shipping, and the Maserati part is 3 times that...

alfatwo

3200 Bosch Lambda Sensor part number, also so cross check with the Interparts catalogue

IMG_0001.jpg

Dave

MRichards

The original sensor is Bosch L25C which is no longer available. The part number is now L5C which the multipurpose item suitable for a range of cars. Also,L5C is dirt cheap in OZ,A$80 delivered. Fitted to my 3200,I was amazed at the change in response from the engine,behaves like a brand new car !

Saigon

No there won't be as Maserati put there lawyers onto any after market parts manufacturer's or advertisers

Saigon, these fit 3200 and early 4200's after that the facelift and GS models had slightly different back plate fixings other than that there exactly the same

Dave

Hi Dave, just ordered a set from Brakes International 40:55p inclusive of VAT & postage, so thanks for that excellent find and sharing it. Do you reckon I will have to replace the shoe springs and return springs as well, unfortunately Brakes International do not supply those. But I see them on Scuderia & Euro parts. I am getting these (just in case) as the MOT is in a a few weeks. Last MOT was no problem and no advisory but the hand break doesn't feel to me like it should pass, mind you it feels no different than it did last year, didn't feel like it should have passed then either. Just do not want to be waiting on parts if it should fail, did you replace the springs as well?. Many thanks

Lozzer

Hi Dave, just ordered a set from Brakes International 40:55p inclusive of VAT & postage, so thanks for that excellent find and sharing it. Do you reckon I will have to replace the shoe springs and return springs as well, unfortunately Brakes International do not supply those. But I see them on Scuderia & Euro parts. I am getting these (just in case) as the MOT is in a a few weeks. Last MOT was no problem and no advisory but the hand break doesn't feel to me like it should pass, mind you it feels no different than it did last year, didn't feel like it should have passed then either. Just do not want to be waiting on parts if it should fail, did you replace the springs as well?. Many thanks
The springs were strong-as on mine, the rest was rotten, if you're going to have a problem I would say it would more likely to be with the backplate, incidentally, anyone with an auto, does the handbrake hold when you put it into drive?
This was the "good" side. And look at the state of that tie rod!
Ta
Loz
d8f330533c06986551e927f9f8a2c9be.jpg
042faa95f39003427219ae1fbfd80a42.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

TimR

I just had mine apart and interested to see your caliper mounts are the same as mine...
I pretty much assumed that they had been stripped at some point, and inserts added to restore the threads...BUT yours are exactly the same....It must have been decided that the steel helicoil inserts were stronger...?
This was my train of thought when I first saw it...

RSM Masser

I did mine a few years ago - the handbrake only just holds the auto 'creep'
Th back plates on mine where shot to bits, but I repaired the retaining pins and springs with clever use of a 4mm bolt and washers, I cant find any pictures which is a shame

alfatwo

I'm researching a 3200/early 4200 spring kit right now

I've found them all except for the longer of the hand brake springs

Will keep you posted

Dave

Wanderer

I've seen some Audi/Porsche/VW TPMS ECU's on eBay for about 20 quid that look identical to the Maserati/Ferrari/Bentley ones, I'm going to take a punt on one since mine still doesn't work and two suppliers of seccy-hand ones have let me down recently.